Is anyone else really dissapointed?

Do you mean X-Plane, and FSX, were released in a perfect state, and that during their release, no new issues were found, and then resolved, by the developers?

I’d be very surprised if there was ever the perfect sim.

…so that makes it perfectly acceptable for MSFS to be a buggy incomplete mess as well. gotcha.

1 Like

Exactly! X-plane launched with a whole range of issues which were patched over time. Name me a computer game that was launched with zero bugs? They don’t exist.

Classic logical fallacy. I don’t think anyone is claiming that.

Even the old 8 bit games had bugs in them, and they had to fit in to 48k of RAM. The genre doesn’t matter, its code written by humans, and mistakes creep in.

Are you aware that there are other sims than xplane and FSX?

1 Like

lol seems @ApeJim is claiming it

Yes, and they would likely have had their own bugs. I doubt any of them stuck with version 1, because it was perfect.

If they had so much as a maintenance release, a version 1.01, then something was added/fixed.

Seriously? How many patches do you know for e.g.
FS, FS II, FS 3, FS4, FS98, FS2000 and FS2002 ?

just gotta say there’s a difference between simple bug fixes and leaving stuff broken for 9+ months

1 Like

Incorrect, see above.

Then we have to agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

It’s just the way development works. Developers are under pressure from publishers to release their game so it can start generating revenue to make up for the cost of development. It’s also hard to replicate all the different computer sets ups during beta testing so new bugs are bound to be found on release. It does seem some major bugs were not dealt with during the open beta phase which is a shame, but I see these simulators as a platform that grows and improves with time as third party developers and modders add features and improve existing ones such as live weather, traffic, ATC. As an out of the box sim experience, fs2020 is light years ahead of its forebears and I’ve flown them all!

Sadly I feel I’m wasting my breath here though…

4 Likes

Show me patches for the above mentioned sims…

I’m assuming you must be joking…

this. and “hotfxes”?

what one cannot dispute is, the number of patches/hotfixes have increased as the versions have progressed. it is now the norm to release and charge for half/baked software.

https://fsxinsider.com/new-patch-for-fsx-steam-edition-released/

I’m not going to waste my time finding all the patches for you, I’d be here all day. Have a look for yourself.

1 Like

Yes but that’s better than a sim that lands with bugs that never get patched because there is no patching policy!

However, I do agree that these days games tend to get released too early and finished post release using the public as beta testers. That’s why I usually buy games at least 6 months after release.

The early access scheme is a good way around this. At least it’s an open and honest testing policy!

Same question, other recipient: Are you aware that there are other sims than xplane and FSX?

Apparently not.

It was said by Asobo CEO Sebastian Wloch in this interview, around 55:30:

(Interview which, BTW, is great for understanding the mindset of the Asobo team, what part of the software comes from Asobo, what comes from Microsoft/Bing/providers, what can be reasonably expected from Asobo and in which timeframe, and what to expect instead from third party developers down the road…)

2 Likes

great. we agree on something. this is exactly my point. we are in effect paying for the privilege of being beta testers for their product.