Is anyone else still suffering performance and graphical issues?

I hadn’t hopped on MSFS for a couple months and got on tonight.

Have been a huge advocate for the sim since launch, but recently I’ve felt the sim degrading slowly.

I use to be able to take a Cub around the bush at 60FPS+ without any hitches, now it hovers around 45 and can reach 60 at times. The FBW A320 around built up areas now can drop to 30. I most definitely had better performance a couple updates ago, and better visuals. The clouds look extremely pixelated now, AA seems worse, and ground textures seem just muddy with poor LOD.

Generally I’ve just noticed a degradation in graphical quality and performance, and I just want to know if this is just me?

I appreciate the work Asobo is doing and I’m keen for the next sim update, I’m just a little disappointed at the current state of the sim - or at least what mine looks like.

This mixed with the bugs (eg, camera panning bug which freezes control inputs, lines through the terrain etc) and I’m not as impressed as I once was with the sim.

2070 Super, 32GB RAM, Ryzen 5 3600, 1440p / Settings mainly High, some medium.

5 Likes

There is an update I believe is scheduled for today.
It has undergone a fair bit of testing, so I hope it is going to see some positive results.
We’ll find out!

1 Like

I have the very same as you. Both in point of view with regards of being positive and enthusiast but also experiencing a slow downgrade these last couple of weeks (and Im not even on the Beta).

Let’s hope for the best with today’s update and SU8 next month.

3 Likes

I did a bad thing today; I reinstalled XP. Wow, amazing how nice simming is when everything works. I am starting to think the streaming terrain virtual xbox approach is not the way to go.

3 Likes

There is? I haven’t heard of this.

You’ll be disappointed sadly. Having had the beta since it was released. For me, and plenty and plenty of others, it has made no difference to anything at all.

3 Likes

Well… if we go by the release notes, lots of the issues introduced with the SU7 are fixed. And that was what it was meant to achieve. Certain issues, like “grainy clouds” or a performance degradation - which I cannot attest to - were not part of it.

We should stay realistic about what is being fixed and what not, unless we want to be disappointed for no reason.

5 Likes

Well that just got me excited. Perfect timing for the weekend too.

The sim is optimized for the XBOX …basically what you see is what you get until 3rd parties make graphical enhancements…sadly!

1 Like

For me the performance improved since the server(s) have been fixed but its still not how it used to be. So I’m hoping there\ll be an update/permanent fix for this issue

1 Like

There has been a significant drop in frames after todays update. I struggle to go past 35 FPS when before I could get 55-60 FPS

Try clearing / resetting your rolling cache, and check all your settings as they may have been reset.

I clear the cache every update, and the settings never change because I use a custom cfg file so the settings are the same each update

I saw a post from someone on the forum who found the stutters are caused by LOD slider. I have set mine on 10 and game is smooth and all setting on ultra . Worth a try for those who are having issues.

|MSI| Laptop running a Samsung 29 inch wide screen. Nvidia GTX1050 card.

|Processor |Intel(R) Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz|
|Installed RAM|16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)|
|Device ID|CF2B7B7C-5398-4B28-9E11-5BFAE54EA00B|
|Product ID|00325-96296-21198-AAOEM|
|System type| Win 11 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor| Processing: m.bmp…

Yeah this latest patch did nothing. Hoping the next sim update rectifies some issues. Built a PC for this sim and originally adored it.

Just a shame the way its gone :frowning:

2 Likes

Yes same here…they “dummed” the sim down for the xbox!

2 Likes

Completely wrong there is a difference. Mine is a stuttering mess now :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.