Is Azure down?

During my flight a quick popup got in a window which said something about azure and offline. I couldnt read the whole message before it was gone again. But then my ATC voices became really strange. Like someone inhaled helium or Alvin and the chipmunks were taking over control…

But when i look at the azure page it isn’t down?

Iceland was/is very cloudy and white today. Still i feel something is really off since SU5, those little lakes look really weird.

After you get those messages sometimes the game will put you offline, check in the menu to see if your still logged into a server then check to make sure bing maps hasnt been switched to off. If it has turn them back on and try again.

If it persists reset your modem router and machine, if that doesnt fix it call your ISP and see if there having issues. If there not then come here and fuss about it hehehehe ;p

As bubba said, double check you data settings after you see that message as it can sometimes not return to data ON. This happens when there is a temporary or short interruption in your internet connection and that could be anywhere between your system and the originating server.

everything is on… will look into it shortly thanks

The same thing happened to me. The program said that the Azure Text to Voice was disconnected. It must have happened to several users.

1 Like

Strangely enough all data things like bing maps and photography were on. But London looked like this…

Alexandra Palace looks like a cardboard box…

So even it said it was on i clicked photogr and bing maps off. Saved it and then put everything on again and it look a real lot better. Even didn’t notice stuff popping up till the landing (well, i crashed more or the less) at city airport

Hi All,

Are you facing issues with Market place and Content ? still spinning and loading?

Thx!

Not sure if (how) it could be connected but I’ve just fired up the sim and all ATC is Unicom. There is no clearance, ground, tower or radar control anywhere! :man_shrugging:t3:

All data is set to on as is real time live traffic.

There are many places in the UK that look this way at the moment. I assume its a bug.

Are you refering to the snow on the ground? That is a bug in the sim. It seems it is rendering snow on the ground based on latitude rather than the actual weather/temperature. Check out BIEG where the temperature is around 13°C at the moment, the snow in MSFS does not seem to melt below 25°. I have seen similar complaints for airports in Alaska.

Azure speech is definately a problem since SU5. Nearly every session of MSFS results in the “Azure speech offline” message after a couple of minutes of flight. When I check my internet connection, it is fine and romping along at maximum speed when this happens, so its not at my end. Perhaps this thread should be converted to a bug report.

5 Likes

Might depend on regional server availability? I’ve had no problems with ATC voices before or after SU5, in Portland, Oregon (northwestern US).

Could be as sometimes I get it all the time, then other sessions it behaves OK. My guess it is a server issue, as Azure being down doesn;t seem to affect other online data like scenery.

1 Like

I have had that happen on every flight with FBW A320 I did yesterday - 3 or 4 of them. After several minutes that message pops up and ATC voices become weird. I have NEVER had that issue before SU5.

1 Like

I started losing Azure speech on the day SU5 dropped. It switches to those ■■■■■■ voices.

Since the hotfix, when I lose it, I get NO voice at all. Not even local TTS service. All I get is text notification in my ATC window.

1 Like

I cant even fly with the A320 now (only tried the developer version btw). Every session more or less gives me a ctd setting up the flight. Haven’t tried it when starting on the runway.

I think overall there is a bug in the METAR weather report. Every time i check that it gives me a ctd.

For the (flat) images. I don’t know if changing the LOD number in the .cfg file gives me problems with future updates…
I’ve deleted all content from my community folder exept EHEH Airport. The only normal liveries i see are generic ones and KLM at the moment.
Are the liveries for the A320 save to put back?

Are you guys getting kids voices on ATC?
I find it unbearable.

If you mean the developer version of the FlyByWire A320NX mod, I believe it’s still incompatible with SU5? I could be wrong though.

Happened to me this morning. ATC and AI communications still worked but the synthesized replacement voices were both creepy and hilarious :laughing:

Today was my second flight since SU5. No CTD but today was first time the ATC voices switched to that weird sound where they sound like they’re on Thorazine. A zillion other things driving me nuts but I saw this topic and wanted to confirm same here.

1 Like