Is there a hotfix coming for SU7?

Let me correct you " he produced the best Flying Game in history’ as I think in terms of overall flight simulation there are others that do it very well in different ways.

A proper flight simulator is between 8 - 16 million USD, so if you have the spare cash, you could buy one… or you can just fly the “game” enjoy and not whinge so much. :smiley:

1 Like

The fact they let flying into Washington DC be impossible for 2 months because of a ground texture issue that causes CTDs makes me believe there won’t be any hot fixes this time around.

4 Likes

Some light switches in the Cessna’s don’t work anymore. No big deal, but no beacon, strobe or pitot kinda suks. Could be worse lol!
Things a bit clearer and smoother for me, but still some minor jumping in the G2.
Many comments are not very helpful if you don’t tell us your computer specs along with your issues Lol! How could anyone possibly help or put together any summation or conclusions?
(i7-10700, RTX3080, 32G)

Is asking customer rights wrong? Why they block my writing?

5 Likes

Wait, how exactly did you fix the throttle issue in the assist settings? I’m having throttle issues as well now after SU7. I basically have no control over the throttle.

1 Like

Nobody gets fires if they mess up something accidentally, Asobo is in Europe, not the US. Even if it had been done deliberately, it’s not that easy to fire someone. But I certainly doubt it has happened on purpose. It’s just another sign of how sloppily and carelessly Asobo works. It must be fixed ASAP though, TrackIR is a major control like the throttle or the hat button. If they had screwed THAT up they wouldn’t have just mentioned it in their pathetic known issues section. They have to understand what it means to break TIR but I guess that’s a combat we won’t win without any possibility to put any pressure on them.-

After the update, all the assistance options defaulted to ‘easy’
When all assists were set back to ‘hard’ this seemed to fix the erratic throttle issue. It also fixed the erratic flaps issue.
I did notice that when I selected a different plane the issues all returned as the assists all went back to easy. Perhaps it is now necessary to check the assists every time you change plane.

Nothing seems to fix the erratic rudder issue though.

The rudder is also a major control that needs to be fixed. Neigh on impossible to take off without rudder control…

me thinks only a very small percentage of players use trackir.
ofcourse it needs fixing, but there are other things to fix too.
how come minorities are always so vocal?

3 Likes

TrackIR is not a minority thing

5 Likes

When I typed this I believed that I was in a TIR thread. I didn’t notice it’s a general topic here.

Yes, other things are at least equally important. Read TIR as an example, it’s valid for all the huge issues we have.

But it’s definitely not a “minority”. The bug report thread reached far over 200 votes within 2 or 3 hours. Think of it that way: You use a very simple way to do something, regardless of what it is. Then you achieve a possibility to do that much more sophisticated and advanced. You’ve got used to it for many years and suddenly, because of sloppy work you are forced back to that old thing again. In this case it’s TIR over a hat button. When you are used to TIR (or VR) you can’t fly in a 3D world anymore with a digital view system, it’s just not possible anymore. Another quite fitting example would be broken joysticks and we would be forced to use the keyboard. Digital controls instead of analogue. Buttons instead of axes.

4 Likes

VR is also not a minority, 400+ votes for the mouse Bug and 300+of those were within the first 24 hours of the update. That doesn’t include all the people who don’t frequent this forum to vote, regardless it shouldn’t matter whether a game breaking bug is in a minority or not they need to be fixed.

So far SU6 has pretty much been the only update without major issues, it was a good sign of things to come but with SU7 they’ve shot themselves in the foot once again.

That’s no arguing about it, a Hotfix is demanded, not needed, demanded.

5 Likes

Hotfix it back to SU6 :wink: That one worked very nicely for me - even the live-weather worked pretty ok, and finally I could fly at night as they fixed the blurry-lights-on-4k/ultrawides after a year. So many new introduced bugs in 7 it’s a joke…

8 Likes

Hi,

I had rudder problem also but accidently fixed it. Hope this help someone. Look:

Of course this is a workaround but still :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fixing the misaligned click spots can be fixed by turning off the lens correction option :blush:

4 Likes

That easy?

To you TIR and VR users. Yes both are a very minority thing. 49% is a minority. Now I don’t have the numbers but if you look how many sales of VR and TIR units sold and how many flight simulator sales or game pass users there are you will find it is at probably less than 20%( probably more like 5) of users. So yes it is in the truest sense of the word a minority thing. So we really don’t need to argue that point anymore. However I feel your pain and this needs to be fixed.

4 Likes

GLAD I didn’t delete my x-plane and P3D.

3 Likes

Precisely why I won’t carry on this conversation with you.

2 Likes