Is there a working MCP for PMDG 737?

I’ve been looking into the CP Flight MCP which they have a driver available to work with the PMDG737. But it’s not fully working. After spending some time researching this I’ve found that the lights do not work and there are some bugs.

Are there any other options from alternative manufacturers out there?

I bought the Goflight MCP + EFIS second hand. Since Goflight Inc. is dead I use Spad.next and it works very well with the PMDG.

2 Likes

And I think cp flight works with spad also.

Is GoFlight really dead? or are the just shut down due to COVID-19. I have a couple of their products and had good tech support from them pre pandemic. I too use SPAD for their equipment. If they are closed down it is too bad.

This is what it says on their website:

Hello to our amazing customers and fans. Do to the outbreak of the corona virus and a order form state government, executive order No.20-12, In compliance with this order. GoFlight has temporarily closed its doors. We will continue to accept orders, but we will not ship until the executive order has been lifted.

PLEASE NOTE: While we are closed. A cancellation fee of 10% will be incur if an existing order is cancelled.

Read the comment under this video: Shearing Sheet Metal - YouTube

The company has been sold. The new owner destroyed all trust with his long long disappear.

I can understand that they may have shut down during the COVID orders. However, I can understand and maybe forgive that. What I can’t forgive is the lack of communication which would be possible even during a shutdown. Doesn’t take a lot of effort to reply to emails or post a notice on the website. Shame; really good products.

CP Flight have just released a driver to enable the MCP to work 100% with the PMDG737 in MSFS

It does not work 100% for me (MCP737PRO):

1. The buttons do not light up. This includes buttons as N1, SPEED, …CMDA etcetera. (A/T arm does light up)

2. The F/D Master indicators always light up when the corresponding F/D switch is turned on. This is not correct behavior: only the first F/D to be turned on is considered Master and only that MA light should turn on.

I am curious if others experience the same problems or not.

UPDATE

After contact with CPFlight support I carefully ran over all their instructions. The button lights now work correctly. About the MA lights: the MA lights (master F/D) only synchronize with the game after pressing another autopilot button.

The only thing I cannot get to work is the backlight. I tried to turn every light switch to the max but the unit remains dark.

1 Like

Guys what is the difference between MCP737PRO3 and MCP737NG-MAX if i may ask? I can obviously see that MAX version is for 737MAX but they are identical and MAX one is cheaper so what if i get that one for 737? Is that one coming with a USB or Ethernet?

I have a GoFlight MCP and I am running it with Pollypot Software GFIT. The only issue I have is slight lag on Altitude knob to display.

That’s interesting to know. I don’t think they should be staying it works 100% when it doesn’t. I’m only wiling to spend this kind of money on something that works 100%. It seems like there is a lot that needs to be done to make this work, it would be a lot better if was plug and play. I have the Cockpit Master CDU and this works very well. You just download the driver and it just works, no lag, no issues or anything.

i’m experiencing the same problem. can you explain the solution for it please? thank you

This guy on YouTube seems to have managed to find a solution

Let me know if you get it working. I’m debating on whether to purchase the CP Flight MCP. But only want to spend this money of money if it’s working 100%

I’ve found this video on YouTube. This guy seems to have managed to get it working

Please let me know if you get it working.

1 Like

yes indeed this did the trick! working perfectly now! :ok_hand: :+1:

May I ask which version of the MCP you have from CP Flight?

it is MCP737NG-MAX

Does everything work 100% ? Are there any issues still ?

Yes, everything works now. I didn’t know there was an option in the FSCOM app to turn on the backlight. The X-Plane plugin would turn it on whenever the panel lights were switched on so I was looking for an in-game solution but the FSCOM solution is good enough.

Thanks for the pointer to the video.