Issues setting up Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant

Look here :

Another tip:
aguther, the developer of the FBW, said that he always puts up a new version for download.

If you want the FBW mod that includes the Thrustmaster quadrant .ini file to adjust the detent positions you have to download the “Custom” FBW version from Github and manually install it in the Community folder (i.e. not using the FBW installer as that only downloads either the Stable or Dev versions.)
The Custom FBW version will eventually be merged to the Stable and Dev versions but for the moment it’s a separate version.

Working my way through things but noticed:

• Can’t assign Sim Rate to the joystick even though it’s an option in Controls (the joystick button I tried is functional). Keyboard strokes do work.
  • If Toggle Autopilot Approach Hold is the same as the Approach Mode button then this doesn’t work either in joystick or keyboard. There is no Approach Mode in control setup I could find. But I could assign Flight Director to a joystick button.

Hi, the the thrustconfig does work great for me except for one thing, I cannot get the thrust reversers activated when I land. Is there any additional configuration required for that?

Moin,
The only thing I can think of:
Do you have the setting in the ThrottleConfiguration.ini
ReverseOnAxis = false
set to
ReverseOnAxis = true ?

Gruß

1 Like

Moin Moin, That did the trick! I did not update the file correctly! This is awesome now. Now hoping that the other buttons will also be updated i.e. ignition mode, auto break, etc.

By the way do I need to go through this procedure every time a new FBW version is available?

If you mean the TrottleConfiguration.ini
No - you don’t need to, just insert the new FBW version - done.

PS
Moin reicht - moin moin ist schon gesabbel. :sunglasses: :smile: :wink:

1 Like

Regarding the moving when idle point, apparently this is not a bug but actual realistic A320 behaviour. This was mentioned by A320SIMPILOT in one of his latest youtube videos.

After todays update the settings which worked perfectly fine before arent working anymore

First attempt. Not perfect, but throttle quadrant is usable at 1.12.13.0.

Yep. Throttle only works between TOGA and CL. Anything less and you’re in Reverse.

BTW I took everything out of Community folder. Also the issue is the same on 787 and Airbus.

Even with the .ini file changed?

After two hours in the settings, I came to these. Almost perfect.

11 Likes

You did a heck of a job , thank you for sharing this !

Awsome work. Thanks a lot.

I tried the custom unstable FBW just after the update, flew Airbus twice but it didn’t create the new folder with the .ini file.

What’s happened to the throttle? After update…in game it doesn’t work… :frowning:

Check settings suggested above. Basically the update appears to have resulted in our settings being off 180 degrees. + became -.
So now I wonder when they discover the problem will they fix it and we’ll go back to where we were…

1 Like

Did you also change the ini file? If yes, how?

Nice work DraivPro :smiley: Settings are perfect.

A question - at idle my #1 is at 29% while #2 is a 0% (at all other positions they are the same output). They’re connected by the bar and physically they’re both at 0 but not in the sim. Pressing down on #1 will lower but not all the way and it doesn’t stay down. I’ve recalibrated a couple times with no luck. Do you know of a software solution? Thanks! Jeff