Issues setting up Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant

A fully support TCA quadrant and not a workaround configuration

And I really hope that Asobo will add support with the next patch

Same problem here!

But T.A.R.G.E.T recognizes both know! I don’t really know much about it, as I’m new to it as well but maybe someone can create a profile.

Received my stick and throttle quadrant yesterday. Real shame that a product that is advertised to be plug & play and be fully supported with Microsoft Flight Sim out of the box isent delivering on this promise. A major failure of communication between Thrustmaster and Asobo in my opinion and feels misleading towards their customers.

6 Likes

One thing that worries me here is that it doesn’t even seem to be a simple “support” for the quadrant. In the end, the quadrant works fine over its entire range. What doesn’t really work is the throttle positions on the Airbus.
I am a beta tester for the Aerosoft Airbus Professional range, and it is Aerosoft who had to implement proper support for the Quadrant. Same thing with Toliss on Xplane. It is Toliss who implemented correct support for the quadrant.
So I guess Asobo doesn’t simply have to support the quadrant in MSFS because this already works. They will have to update something on the Airbus so the throttle range works correctly as it should on an Airbus, and also make sure the detents are set correctly.
I hope this will be fixed with the upcoming patch

My words, right now position “Idle” at about 20% whilst “Idle” in Game is full Reverse Thrust on the quadrant. I hope it’s not to hard, because I already waited a month (Ordered on 22nd of september, got it today) and I don’t really wan’t to wait another month for a patch.

1 Like

Just received mine today… Until this point the whole TCA Pack is very unsatisfying…
It was advertised as “working with FS2020”… But after reading through this thread I think it does not.

Basically it comes down to two major bugs

1. FS2020 does not have an offset option for Control-Axes (has to be implemented by MS)
  • real reverse thrust axis would be the gold standard of course
  • option to assign button 2 is ok until that has been implemented
  1. The IGN-Switch does not have a virtual button for “Norm” (should be fixed by driver/firmware update from Thrustmaster)

That said… waiting for so long for a basically unfinished product make me very unhappy… especially taking in account the price.

Currently I’am pretty sure to return it. :frowning:

Greetings,
Eifoen

Btw. I don’t really think that FSUIPC can be considered a viable option. I paid for a working product from thrustmaster - they should provide the additional software if needed

Edit: Joystick’s pretty fine though…

5 Likes

I don’t think returning is a good option. I think the community should help adressing this problem to Thrustmaster and Microsoft. Right now, this is a teeny tiny thread on a forum, where I’m pretty sure, that they’re not even reading it. But I loved the Idea of an Airbus Design on a MSFS-Throttle. So let’s all contact them, so they now the importance of the Problem.

1 Like

I just filed a complaint to Thrustmaster. Will post their answer here!

1 Like

Just received mine. Disappointed that it doesnt work out of the box, yep…
Eng 1 and 2 switches not working, Crank - Norm - IGN/Start switch doesnt return to middle position when switched, and reverse thrust axis is not working.

Anyone? ANYONE? lol… geez…

As of today, Thrustmaster is saying:
“The objective of this abnormal procedure is to allow Microsoft Flight Simulator players equipped with TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition to play with the game from October 22nd, waiting for the final integration in the upcoming patch. This procedure has been elaborated by Thrustmaster teams”

Is everyone here running the latest drivers from TM? The screenshot posted by OP is the older driver.

Yeh… at least I am.

When is the next FS patch coming out?

Fair. I don’t have one just thought I’d point it out. Have one coming soon though. Disappointing to see this thread to be honest.

There’s a patch next week I believe.

Good… frig…

It better be. I just don’t get why they wouldn’t colaborate with MS in advance…

Hope this will be over soon

Lol, it’s a very crude implementation… Button 2 for thrust reverse. But the notches dont line up with the throttles, etc. Guess I’ll shelve the quadrant until its integrated properly, and keep fussing about with the M20R.

The FF A350, on XP11, allows threshold points to be configured on the throttle axes, for idle, clb, flx and toga, as well as allowing for a couple of choices for reverse thrust. It seems to work quite well, as i used it to set up my TM Warthog throttles, with a shapeways detent, so something similar for MSFS airbuses might be a solution.

As thrustmaster mentioned, MS will implement the quadrant by next patch to fully support it. Let’s see what happens.