Issues setting up Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant

Hi, since I started my sim in a safe mode once my default mapping of TCA quadrant somehow dissapeared completly. Now Im trying to set is up new from scratch but cant figure out what to map to “MODE NORM” button. Any idea? Or is there a way how to restore default mapping somehow? Download maybe?

Thanks

Disappearing TCA quadrant profile usually caused by having an accidental switch to throttle engine 3&4 mode. Check your switch in front. If you’re on 3&4 mode, switch it back to engine 1&2 and unplug and replug the quadrant. That should make the Sim detect the correct mode and apply the correct default profile.

That was it, must have been my cat :slight_smile: thanks

Hi bought my TCA Throttle this week and I’ve straight away hit a problem. I’m hoping its just me not realizing or seeing something obvious…

When I downloaded the drivers and firmware and went into the sim the calibration seemed to all be there. But when I checked on the sensitivity I noticed how idle was right at the far side (the top of the graph) instead of in the middle. When I then went into the A320 FBW and tried to calibrate the only way I could get the blue bars, showing that the throttle was active, was when I was in between detents and I can’t seem to calibrate it when its actually on the detents and the blue bar doesn’t show up.
I’ve tried messing around with the numbers but I just can’t get the blue bar to show when my throttle lever is physically in the right places.

Any suggestions?

For the fbw the curves must be linear. You must have a straight line. So everything except the reactivity to zero. After that calibrate it in the efb.

P.s. install also the newest firmware.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice, that was the exact problem which was causing the misalignment. For some reason my curves were not linear even though I hadn’t changed them. I haven’t actually used the A32NX since before the last sim update so maybe this did something.

Hello guys, I’m using the full TCA package including the add-ons. My autobrake, when set to max, keeps disengaging when set to max from the start of taxi until take-off. Seems quite random. Sometimes it keeps on, sometimes it goes off multiple times. Do you have that problem? If not, can you please share screenshot of your mappings? Thank you all!

I might have had additional mapping on button 6 to decrease the breaking power. Let’s see if that has fixed that :slight_smile:

I think it depends on the aircraft. At least in the FBW A32NX, the manual braking doesn’t disengage the MAX autobrake when you’re taxiing.

Then again, I bound the Left and Right Brake Axis to the Sidestick’s throttle slider since we don’t need it anymore if we already have the throttle quadrant.

Thanks. I did hundreds of flights on FBW32NX. The thing is that I set on my TCA add-ons autobrakes to MAX and while taxiing, they disengage. I will try in case the same happens when I set the autobrakes directly by pushing button in the virtual cockpit.

Hi, any chance of sharing the 5th step as it may be pertinent to issues I am having.
TIA

Thrustmaster TCA quadrant still not completely working - Community Support / Hardware and Peripherals - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Hello, what about TCA quadrant settings for Leonardo’s MD80…? I’ve been looking here on the forum but can’t find anything… Any suggestions…?
Thanks

Sorry I don’t actually have the Leonardo MD80 so unable to comment on that.

Hello, I recently bought myself MSFS having used xplane for a number of years and have been having troubles with my TCA throttle and the Fenix. I have changed the throttle from being 0-100% to being throttle 2 axis and 1 axis but for some reason still the fenix still doesn’t recognise when I go into reverse thrust as when i put it to max reverse it says it is at 1%. When I put my throttles from idle to climb detent it moves 5% according to the fenix calibration but when moving from climb to flex it moves from 5% to to 50% and then from flex to toga it moves from 50% to 99% which cannot be correct. I have the latest drivers installed and have tried re calibrating the throttle quadrant a number of times as well as reinstalling the fenix but still it has not helped. Any help would be great as I really want to use the fenix.

When using the throttle with the aircraft it has it being a small change in power between idle and into climb then suddenly massive changes between climb to flex and then onto toga. It also does not allow me to go into reverse at all as max reverse is idle for some reason

You may have settings problems.In the case you haven’t done it already : first of all you should do the intial settings according to Thrustmaster manual.In the company site there is a useful youtube tutorial .
Then make sure to have removed the redundant thrust command on the joystick in the contol options
Furthermore,do not change the dafault sensistivity sets apart from the dead-zone.

This is what I have in settings, and the fenix is still picking up max reverse as being idle thrust. Really not sure what to do.

The throttle when It is in reverse is not recognised by the plane yet when in settings when I put it to max reverse it recognises it on the axis. This screenshot is when it is in max reverse detent

On my settings I have unticked the 2 throttle axis.See my attachment
On my pic you see the settingt at IDLE point.White bar right in the middle.
When I push the throttle forward to clb,flex,toga, the white bar moves to the right ,step mby step.On toga it reaches the right end.
When I move the throttle backward to activate reverse thrust,the white bar moves progressively to the left side.At full reverse the white bar is reduced to zero.
Try this way.It works.