It is NOT legacy mode -> Should be xBox mode or PC mode

I didn’t know that as a pilot, the way I’m flying today is called Legacy as Microsoft/Asobo named it.

As a pilot, I take huge issue with that branding and I am offended.

I know you want to make this fun for xBox but not at the detriment of your early PC adopters. Definitely not calling all of us who are real pilots who know how to fly planes with the latest technology LEGACY.

13 Likes

:rofl: Should be LEGENDARY mode.

16 Likes

totally agreed

You mean the cockpit interaction? Lock works fine on PC as well.

e1179e4ee67c30473eeb79c666eb0d08--spock-quotes-star-trek-quotes

1 Like

Seriously? With all the issues being bandied around since the patch was released, we’re even getting offended over the word used to describe a setting in a menu now? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Perfect proof, if any were actually needed, that no matter what you do, big or small, you will always upset someone…

13 Likes

I’m pretty sure he was joking…trying to bring in a little humor and sarcasm on a day full of rage. We should all just laugh a little.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, jokes like that rarely work well when they’re text-based.

As for laughing… I’ve been doing that all day. I laugh to stop myself from becoming too depressed at just how unreasonably angry, vile and disrespectful people can become towards each other over a computer game.

3 Likes

I can only hope the bolding indicates sarcasm, but these days, you can never tell for sure. But yes, we should all relax a bit, especially with the news of an upcoming CTD patch. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

True…hard to pickup tone, but I’m fluent in sarcasm so… :rofl:

We probably all should’ve been forewarned with a number like 1.18.13…they should have gone to -14 right off! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Sure, smth is wrong with my PC after windows update KB20210729

Source :rofl:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Why is this **** Xbox things are default?
And why the good PC source should called legacy?
And why is this togehter in one excutable? (pulls down PC quality)
Split them! A PC version and a second Xbox version.

3 Likes

Buddy, I think you’re loading a wagon hitched to a blind mule on that one. They already 86’d another thread specifically asking for that.

Someone needs to ask MSAsobo to get the definitive answer, but my guess is that they had planned to combine the versions all along and go from there. And if that’s the case, different versions ain’t gonna happen.

Same as delaying/choosing when I get my update.

At the end of the day the name doesn’t matter. Don’t get so butt hurt about what they decided to name it. It’s just a name.

and what you going to do about it? count your tear drops?

We are not expected to set the Cockpit Interaction System mode to “Legacy” by default because we are on PC.

Legacy mode is not “PC mode”: it’s there for users that prefers the legacy cockpit interaction method, but you should definitely try to use the new “Lock” mode even on PC because it was designed to work with mouse, controllers, keyboards, joysticks (as opposed to Legacy mode, designed exclusively for the mouse).

Personally, I’m using the “Lock” mode, and I disabled Menu tooltips, Instrument name tooltips, Instrument Description tooltips.

1 Like

Don’t read too much into the wording of “Legacy Mode”.

Odds are it is just bad translation (French → English) than anything else. It’s the same reason why the Save/Ok button has be written as “Validate”.

Quite frankly the UI wording could use an overhaul across the board for clarity sake.

8 Likes

It is always a bad idear to put PC and Xbox to the same executable.
Xbox pulls down the PC quality.
And remove this **** legacy. And make PC as default.