Just Flight announced Piper Tomahawk

I flew the beach Skipper (BE77) for a while after getting my PLL in high wing Cessna.
Great Plane, very very similar to the Tomahawk, but WITHOUT the spin tendencies of the Tomahawk,

I am hoping that a minor flight model User MOD, will transform the Tomahawk, into quite a realistic Beech Skipper !!

2 Likes

I can give you some suggestions to mitigate the spin characteristics - suffice to say I had to be rather creative to get them, the Asobo FM does not want to do it naturally so it’s pretty much a case of reversing that!

Feel free to drop me a line after release.

3 Likes

Regarding pricing, we are always very mindful of affordability and value, and have priced it after consideration of comparable GA aircraft from other developers, as well as other factors. We’re always keen to hear and respond to feedback but think it’s priced fairly given the features and quality.

Martyn - Just Flight

5 Likes

It’ll be £29.99 rather than £33.86. We don’t use direct/real-time currency conversions.

Martyn - Just Flight

4 Likes

Hi Martyn, that’s fair. I definitely didn’t mean to imply the addon wouldn’t be worth the cost. I would definitely argue the Arrows are worth their price and imagine the Tomahawk will be the same :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The pound price will actually be £29.99 so you’re looking at

£29.99 / €35.99 / $41.95

That’s fair enough. I paid £35 for 45 mins massage the other day. I’ll just make sure my rumble seat is on and I’m in profit!

3 Likes

Since the A2A Comanche is $50 and the Tomahawk has a very similar feature set (Walkaround etc.), but is quite a bit cheaper, the price seems pretty fair to me.

3 Likes

I’ll happily pay that.

I’ve just watched 320 Sim Pilot’s video on the Tomahawk and ■■■■■■■■■, now I’m in the ‘maybe I will buy this plane’ camp! This sim has cost me a bloody fortune :smiley:

Video is here: Ultimate Realism: JustFlight PA38 Tomahawk in MSFS with a Real Pilot (youtube.com)

4 Likes

Pricing seems fair considering the value. But the US dollar is doing better now than when the hard price was set, so it’s $3 more. I could buy a pack of gum with that, haha.

The price seems fair once you see the level of effort and features built in, but the role of the aircraft somewhat limits its usability when selecting a type to fly and that changes the value prospect making it hard to choose to buy.

1 Like

I don’t know. $50 for Comanche so the question is: is Tomahawk 85% as good as Comanche? On Comanche basically everything can fail. Flight model is better than anything else. Performance far more usable for wider range of flights. I’m not all that sure the Tomahawk is fairly priced…
PS. I might still get it but even if I do this is still my opinion. Clearly I’m not very bright :rofl:

1 Like

We can’t really value a sim airplane by its performance or mission capability… else $50 for a Comanche would mean $150 for a Chancellor, and $500 for a Lear … :crazy_face:

For me, it’s model, accuracy and visual quality… realistic flight model, and of course the infamous system depth.

Then there’s the, “hours of entertainment for $X”… as in, can’t even get one decent dinner out, for $50…

And finally, as a percentage of what we’ve already invested in computers/hardware ??

(this is how I justify the insane size of my add-on hangar)… :grinning:

2 Likes

Well that’s the thing, you can value a model by its mission capability because that relates to its likely time you’ll be flying it. everyone have their own value equation of course and it’s not simply bigger is better, it depends more on where your interest lies but the more restricted the role, the less likely it holds universal value and pricing becomes more critical.

Previews seem to show that it is just as complete as the Comanche.

We can’t really value a sim airplane by its performance or mission capability… else $50 for a Comanche would mean $150 for a Chancellor, and $500 for a Lear … :crazy_face:

Good Point

For me, it’s model, accuracy and visual quality… realistic flight model, and of course the infamous system depth.

Same for me. I will be very (pleasantly) surprised if the Tomahawk’s flight model in on Comanche level. I think we already know failures will not be - This is not criticism just a fact

Then there’s the, “hours of entertainment for $X”… as in, can’t even get one decent dinner out, for $50…

I do that too which makes every plane a personal preference like it should be :wink:

And finally, as a percentage of what we’ve already invested in computers/hardware ??

Never thought about it like that. I like it. I will use that to convince myself whenever I want to buy a plane :grinning:

2 Likes

Previews seem to show that it is just as complete as the Comanche

That would be great but I recon it will be very good, just not Comanche good

I´m looking forward to the Tomahawk and hope to see more a plane with soul than a plane purely by the books. Like if you spin 5 or 6 turns with low fuel and selected opposite tank to your spin direction, the engine tends to rumble and cut off. That’s not a behavior from the POH , but the plane does it anyway. And that’s the things that gives the Plane in the sim a character

1 Like

even a cessna 172 is faster lol

1 Like