Just Flight announced Piper Tomahawk

Sound like after that date passes, and no plane, you will be taking YOUR “Tomahawk”, and collecting a few developer’s Scalps !!

Nearly at the end of Q2 :slight_smile:

Any update?

The update is that they are now working on an A300 as well :wink:

1 Like

I think they should delay the A300 work till 1st July, as I NEED the PA-38 :smiley:

Before anyone says anything, yeah yeah, we know - different teams etc etc :roll_eyes:

Personally, I’m still keeping the faith - and the peace - until june 30th has passed.

Because OBVIOUSLY they would’ve informed us if they weren’t going to make that date by now. I mean, we’ve been ASSURED by Martyn Northall that we’ll be flying it no later than Q2. Heck, perhaps Martyn will surprise us and announce an immediate release at FS Expo, considering he’s there right now in Houston. So if anyone attends, be sure to remind him :wink:

3 Likes

I would give up… no updates on the site for over a year? Lots of other projects announced… move on to something else.

JustFlight normally are reliable. Also there have been updates here in the forum. Last one in March. They seem to have had some difficulties with the prior external developer.

I’m quite sure we will see the Tomahawk shortly even if they can’t keep the Q2 release date. There’s a live stream today at 1800 UTC from the Flightsim Expo.

They had issues with the developer so have moved that in house. Up till that point, the beta was in a surprisingly mature state but Just Flight want to improve in all aspects. I for one believe it will be worth the wait.

1 Like

Well folks, it looks to be official. I just checked JF’s Facebook page. In the comment section the following:

So, we went from a solid ‘by Q2’ to ‘still part of our plans’. God only knows when the F28 actually releases. It took less time to build the actual jet by this point.

Anyone still want to tell me I’m ‘fear mongering’ when I fully expect it to get pushed to (the year) 2024 by this point?

Time for me to go prepare some sternly worded emails.

But there is no reason for all third party developers to bring all projects to a full halt just because in autumn next year the new Flight Sim 2024 is going to be released.
All FS2020 planes are 100% compatible with the next flight sim with no exceptions :wink:

Edited to clarify: I mean the year, not the sim version. Though frankly, I wouldn’t put it past them to do that anyway.

Very unfortunate to hear. I don’t really care for the F28. I barely even fly the Bae 146, even though it’s very good. I’m a GA and bush flyer at heart, so I’m kinda full up on airliners.

2 Likes

its a long corner lol

sad that its taking this long…it will be 2 years in September…im curious if carenado will release one before them

they had a nice one for FSX -

1 Like

Just now had this comment from JustFlight on a FB post about the F28 :slight_smile:

good so in the next 6 months…

2 Likes

Maybe it will be the first JustFlight add-on for MSFS 2024

2 Likes

Unfortunately, like other MSFS developers, we have quite limited resources and there are commercial realities that dictate which products become our priority. I appreciate that’s frustrating for those of you who prefer a PA38 to an F28 or 146. With the F28 now released, I’m quite happy to be looking at a different aircraft for a while!

The PA38 should have been able to continue development happily alongside the F28 and other products, but as outlined earlier in the thread, it didn’t pan out that way. Our artists have been busy in recent months completing work that should have been done last year and we’re now at the stage where we can jump on to the PA38 and finally get it to the finishing line, something we are as keen for as you.

Martyn - Just Flight

11 Likes