Just Flight announces 172sp Classic Enhancement mod for MSFS

My apologies to all… I write like I think (as streams of thought and often without filters), so this confusion is on me.

I got the answer to what I thought I’d asked in WeptBurrito’s first response, so all is well–for me.

I also got more information in his second response (that the next update will leave the stock aircraft untouched), so I’m good on that front as well.

Nothing nefarious and no trolling in my initial question… it was just poorly structured.

Mea culpa…

No. No worries at all. No one thinks you did anything wrong, and no one is trolling. It was me who asked which one because I didn’t know, and the answer was a “yes” to a “this or that” question. My brain just couldn’t parse a “yes” response to “This or that” is all. No worries.

2 Likes

[Please allow me to clear up a misstatement I made regarding the JPLogistics-C152 mod}

In my original question, I asked if the Just Flight C172 install “on top of or embed into the stock Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk (as the C152 mod)”

Well, I was wrong in my assumption of the JPLogistics mod’s behavior. It installs an entirely separate aircraft and doesn’t overly anything.

Again, my apologies for any misleading information/disinformation I may have spewed.

This is what happens when you take an 18-month hiatus from MSFS 2020 and dive back in assuming (incorrectly, for sure) that all is as you left it.

1 Like

This mod looks really interesting! Thanks for putting time and effort into it.
I’m awaiting the update before I pull the trigger, since I’ve only just found out it exists.

Would it be possible to improve the water handling of the C172 floatplane variants (especially the steam gauge version) with this mod, or is this too much to ask or simply not possible? I found out that the C172 floatplanes can’t be steered on water as soon as winds hit more than 5kts and I would really like to use it more.

Love the mod, pretty much all I fly anymore. Even the details where the fuel gauges wobble in turbulence or when banking… makes it alot more alive. Any chance we can get a no wheel pants mod? It conflicts with bagolus mod… it would be great if we can get that with this one.

4 Likes

You mean like this :grin:

4 Likes

Has that update been released yet?

Nope, still delayed unfortunately. At this point I’m hoping end of the month.

1 Like

Sweet deal… I will add to my wish list LOL… opening doors and windows (I think there is a mod on .TO where someone did it… must be possible) And better sounds… they are so muffled… ok now I am being greedy. Looks great.

I wish that too lol !!! Unfortunately, this plane is tied to the model that is part of the base plane, which is encrypted and makes doing things like that impossible ATM as they didn’t model it already.

I did notice that I have a much better take-off performance in the C172 Floatplane (steam gauge version). when I have this enhancement mod installed. So good that I actually think something is off. I can easily pull 900fpm and holding 70kts IAS at sea level with 5-8 kts headwind, while I have a hard time to keep a climb rate of 500fpm at 60kts IAS in the C172 Floatplane without this mod installed.

Did anybody notice something similar or maybe could check that out? Before I find a way to create a support ticket somewhere I rather want that my findings can be replicated by others to exclude the possibility of some other causes.

I guess they only modeled those functions on the G1000? That is too bad.

Really nobody noticing this behavior? I can’t be the only one, assuming there isn’t something wrong on my end of course.

210 HP will do that for you in the Float Plane !!

Reims FR172 and Cessna R172K Hawk XP

1977 Cessna R172K Hawk XP

1977 model R172K Hawk XP on Wipline amphibious floats

The FR172 Reims Rocket was produced by Reims Aviation in France from the late 1960s to the mid-1970s. It was powered by a Rolls-Royce built, fuel-injected, Continental IO-360-H(B) 210 hp (160 kW) engine with a constant-speed propeller.[26] Variants included the FR172E until FR172J.

The Reims Rocket led to Cessna producing the R172K Hawk XP, a model available from 1977 to 1981 from both Wichita and Reims. This configuration featured a fuel-injected, Continental IO-360K (later IO-360KB) derated to 195 hp (145 kW) with a two-bladed, constant-speed propeller. The Hawk XP was capable of a 131-knot (243 km/h) cruise speed.

• Owners claimed that the increased performance of the “XP” didn’t compensate for its increased purchase price and the higher operating costs associated with the larger engine. The aircraft was well accepted for use on floats, however, as the standard 172 is not a strong floatplane, even with only two people on board, while the XP’s extra power improves water takeoff performance dramatically.[11]
  • >

While numbered and marketed as 172s, the R172J and R172K models are actually certified on the Cessna 175 type certificate.[18]

1 Like

I was absolutely not aware that the WB-Enhancement Mod modelled another C172 variant.
Did I overlook something in the product description? Thanks for the clarification though! Left me wondering a lot what was going on to be honest.

1 Like

I like the mod although the autopilot seems very buggy. Both with alt and nav mode. Some of the fuses/circuit breakers have lighting glitches at night as well.

It does NOT, at the moment, but that may be an option in the future.
A Float plane with the standard C172SP engine is a very sluggish fly.

Can you be more specific please… The Wb-Sim AP (KAP140) is currently the ONLY MSFS model that actually works according to the Bendix manufacturer’s Pilot Manual. (That I am aware of - please correct me if I am incorrect)

Note: In NAV mode, you have to be within 75% deflection on the CDI for the Nav to switch from Nav(arm) to NAV. Otherwise it stays in HDG mode, with Nav just ARMED, waiting for the pilot to use heading to get the plane closer to the desired NAV track.

You might want to read the KAP140 Pilots manual ( link to it’s PDF on the WB-Sim Discord, in the LIBRARY section).

All might then make more sense to you.

========================

The ALT button, and switching between ALT & NAV mode, is also “Correct” wrt the Bendix KAP140 Pilots Manual.

The AL /NAV display does not necessary indicate what numeric value is being dislayed - VERY IMPORTANT TO REALIZE

The Asobo modeling of theh KAP140, and other plane’s Modded version, all do not seem to be anywhere near correct – which has unfortunately led to a wide spread misunderstanding of how the KAP140 really function in real life (and thus how it works in the WB-SIM Enhancement Mod)

Hopefully, the soon to be released WT version, will be more accurately simulated to act like the Real World KAP140 - highly likely, if you look at how WT have worked on other Instruments, and made them far more realistic.

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: WT

Ah maybe thats why, using nav mode to fly to one vor is ok, but i find tuning another after to then fly to that wasnt working well but its probably my pilot error, I didnt realise you had to be more on course for it to arm.

I will check again, thanks.

I should have read this first, quite a unique autopilot from what I am used to. Seems it acts differently depending on whether you go from roll to nav or hdg to nav

https://wiki.flightgear.org/Bendix/King_KAP140_Autopilot