Just Flight announces 172sp Classic Enhancement mod for MSFS

All of them ?

To be sure I have to check. I will do that, thank you.

anyone know whats going on here? Im losing power - my RPM is low as hell and im losing stability from nowhere :confused:

Your mixture is still full rich, you need to lean it, maybe?

3 Likes

i played with it, keep going from high 1900rpm to 2100rpm…

At 7000’ your mixture should be around 50% or less, pretty sure it’s the cause of the issue. And there’s a good chance if you haven’t leaned on the ground, your spark plugs are fouled.

its like that now

6500ft
70knots
aand rpm keep bouncing between 1900-2100
plane is leveled at 6500

check the ADF to see if your spark plugs are fouled. And leaning the mixture doesn’t instantly fix it, the speed will build back up over time if nothing else is wrong.

ADF plug is pushed in. is that what you mean?

now things went downhilll

keep heering trim inversion,

No, the ADF is where all the realism settings for the mod are. if you click on the screen, it will change to the settings, then use the inner knob to cycle between them.

Screenshot 2022-11-18 192427

yeah im ■■■■■■ here… and have no idea on what i did to get to that point…

Engine Fouling is 95% likely the problem. If you keep the mixture lean, it may clear eventually, but you may crash first

interesting as i never played with the realism ON since now with this plane.

now, what i did here to cause engine fouling?

Realism is turned on, according to your screen, so engine wear, fouling, CBs popping, etc, are all possible. To clear fouling you just need to lean to peak EGT with the revs high for as long as it takes.

1 Like

For me, the fun-nest part of this plane is the realism. You have to treat it like a real plane, fill the oil, check the CBs, etc, lean on taxi. The good news is that it’s easy enough to start over if it doesn’t go well, and you can learn as you go.

The other option is to turn realism off, and fly it like you would the default 172, though then the question would be, why not just fly the default 172?

There is a manual for the plane that explains how the ADF/realism panel works, it’s in the airplane folder inside the Community folder.

5 Likes

EASY ANSWER

You fouled the plugs because you are running with Mixture way to RICH, for your Altitiude.

You need to LEAN.

ie Slowly pull out the BIG RED “MIXTURE” KNOB, till the engine RPM increase to a Peak high RPM.

3 Likes

This thing has me enthralled… the technical, and immersive details… discovering one, after the other.

Most recent… attempting an old fashioned, NDB approach… the gauge functioning (erratic at the edge of range)… then; static port icing ? … discovering the slightly higher KIAS after employing “ALT Static” ??

Amazing.

4 Likes

How do I remove the wheel chocks? I can’t seem to interact with eh KR 87 other than being able to change state saving.

here

click on the screen and check the manual for details.

Thank you. I just read that the engine needs to be off…I’ll try that.

• bob