Just Flight announces 172sp Classic Enhancement mod for MSFS

If you are having Technical issues with the WB-SIm C172 Enhancement Mod, please seek help and support in the WB-SIM Discord.

(I see you are already a member of the WB-SIM discord) :+1:

The WB-SIM Developers are not permitted to give Technical support for their product, here in the MSFS Forum.

how can I top up the oil in this mod? Before the last update it still worked, now you can’t click on the display to refill the oil level!

Make sure the engine is off and the plane is parked. It won’t work otherwise (you can tell by the greyed out text on the display).

And if I remember correctly, you can only refill if the level is 7QT or below.

1 Like

That’s right. It’s all on pages 9 through 11 in the manual.

1 Like

ok, thanks - I already wanted to top up at 7.4. I must have overlooked the fact that you can only top up at 7 or below. The rest was already clear to me, that the aircraft must be parked and the engine off. Thanks again for the tip.

2 Likes

I can’t remove the tie downs & wheel chocks, greyed out. Any idea ?

You have to be on the ground with engine off but power on. I know it’s weird to turn the power on before removing the chocks and tie-downs, but that’s the way with this add-on.

3 Likes

thanks, my engine is on that explain why

It’s because they are using a partially ‘locked’ aircraft, so they have to find a workaround for an EFB.

2 Likes

Anyone know how, or where, to change the hours run to increase the chances of failures.

I’ve just got the aircraft and don’t want to fly +200 hours to get into the region of failures as mentioned in the manual.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks.

Anyone who owns the WBSim also use(d) the Airfoillabs C172 NG in XPlane 11/12? I already own that for XP12 and love using it for real IFR practice but have been thinking of picking the WB Sim up since I mainly fly MSFS nowadays and would like it all in one place. I basically only use XP12 for real practice and the AFL 172 is pretty much as spot on to my IRL flying I can get right now.

Mainly curious about how the engine of the WB Sim is modeled. Most of the videos and reviews I can find on it are a few months old and I remember seeing that the engine modeling hadn’t been added yet.

Also, does anyone know if this works with the TDS GTN 750/650? I have the RXP GTN 650 for XP12 as well and that works fine with the AFL 172.

1 Like

Curious about this although I guess that the FM is a lot better/realistic in XP. Shame I can’t read a single instrument in XP12 lol

I own both the AFL 172NG and the WBSIM. You are are making an apple and Oranges comparison. The AFL 172 is a completely new, heavily scripted, airplane built from the ground up. The AFL 172 is amazing, has lots of popup screens and is a pretty interesting project. The downside is the customer service. AFL is not responsive too inquires and has a history of just disappearing.

OTOH the WBsims 172 is an upgrade to an encrypted Default aircraft which instantly limits the scope of the project. There are no popups or extra screens like the AFL. It uses a workaround to display the options on the existing ADF panel. It doesn’t have any bells and whistles as it is a Steam Gauge 172 made as accurate as possible. It is very simple and well done. The engine simulation is transparent as it would be in a 172. The engine realism is being simulated but aside from a plug fouling message, and a few other message, on the ADF interface there is no indication of the what the engine is doing unless it start having trouble. Also the developer is on Discord and responds pretty quickly. You can also find out more about the plane and ask these questions from the Discord.

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah I wasn’t expecting WBSim to have any of the extra features like the pop outs and such, I’m more interested in the systems and the flight model. Don’t need any bells and whistles as well as I fly clapped out 172 steam gauges IRL haha.

I’ll pop into their discord and see what’s up.

How can we join the disocrd server for WBSim as I have a lot of questions?

1 Like

Why not just search this topic for the word “Discord”?

Here you go…

Thank you, do you also know how to update the product?

Where did you buy it from?

just flight , but sems like eveyone has a different adf menu than me