Just Flight Hawk T.1

Looking forward to your repaints of this one when released! - Kenneth

1 Like

Up to now, most of the big name developers are still releasing/revising older products from their lineup. When you are ready to branch out into all-new ground, please consider the T2 version of the Hawk as a worthy stablemate to the T1.

1 Like

I’ll be sure to prioritise the Canadian liveries. :+1:

2 Likes

Latest video here showing setting up and take-off. A longer version of this showing the plane being configured for take-off will be live tomorrow and a new sounds video will follow too.

Enjoy those sounds!

7 Likes

But if this IS a completely new development and not just a port of the P3D version then surely the discount should be applied to all of your Hawk customers…

Sorry, same policy as was adopted with the Arrows and the Warrior. It’s not amiss of me to say the P3D version will have been the starting point for this development as doing that makes sense, it gives us a foundation to start from. That’s kind of where the similarities end though.

1 Like

Wow that takeoff is really impressive. The sounds are on a new level and the external modelling probably too.

I’m asking myself how this will compare to the DCS jet trainers. The L-39 so far was my absolute favorite but the small maps make DCS kind of pointless as a training simulation. Now if this Hawk paired with MSFS delivers, I’m considering giving up that L-39 for good.

EDIT: going by the description, this one will have fully modelled front and rear cockpit, and we can fly from both? Getting excited!

1 Like

After watching the Radios video I’m slightly unsure whether the TACAN radio can actually get navigation data (rather than just distance) from TACAN stations like VXL at Valley AFB (EGOV), or just from VOR stations.

I am excited for this one. Having seen the Red Arrows on a number of memorable occasions it has to be purchased by yours truly. Just right for belting around the UK, especially the Mach Loop. The exterior is gorgeous. And those sounds! I prefer gauges so am very pleased to see them modelled so authentically. I expect the interior is very accurate for the type from what I know of Just Flight quality.

One question I have, and purely for creation of videos of this beautiful jet, is what is the pilot animation likely to be? It looks a bit static at the moment. Is that a MSFS limitation?

1 Like

Yes, the front and rear cockpits are fully modelled/simulated and you can fly from either. Just like the real aircraft, you will need to configure the rear cockpit correctly on the ground if flying solo from the front cockpit. Alternatively full checklist support and aircraft states are included to get into the air quickly.

Martyn - Just Flight

3 Likes

Our Hawk T1 is equipped with a TACAN receiver which can be used to tune either TACAN or VOR/DME stations. Bearing and distance information is then displayed on the HSI.

Unfortunately we can’t get around the current MSFS limitation which causes TACANs to provide only distance information so we’ll need to wait for Asobo to fix that. In the meantime you’ll get distance information for TACANs and distance/bearing information for VOR/DMEs.

Martyn - Just Flight

3 Likes

Sorry for the kinda rude question but WHEN CAN I GIVE YOU MY MONEY?

3 Likes

The pilot heads move based on roll inputs and generally ‘wander’ over time. Their bodies move depending on throttle and rudder inputs.

Martyn - Just Flight

4 Likes

You’ve discovered our testing base…

Martyn - Just Flight

1 Like

Very soon - just need to confirm that SU6 doesn’t break anything!

Martyn - Just Flight

9 Likes

Thank you very much for that answer Martyn. Just what I’m after. Poised here ready to purchase when you are confident SU6 doesn’t break anything.

2 Likes

Same here, really looking forward to this one. I love me a small jet to tour around in. Lots of fun. In FSX one of my go tos was the Lotussim L39. I think this will be similiar!

1 Like

Sim Update 6 officially releases on the 19th so it would mean we (only) need to wait until next week.

I personally consider sound extremely important in a flight sim so this one might be the first addon I buy based on the audio quality alone - they are that good and consequently that takeoff gives me a unique sensation I never had before in a computer sim. Just Flight Hawk T.1 - #24 by SinewyDolphin74

3 Likes

Would’ve preferred a T2 as RAF Valley is my local airbase so I spend a lot of time there but this will be more than good enough, really looking forward to this though :beers:

For me, the T Mk1A is the exact model I am interested in. What seems like a lifetime ago I was stationed at RAF Chivenor, working as an Assistant Air Traffic Controller (I made a lot of tea and recorded the ATIS). We had two Hawk squadrons based there. I even had a chance to ride along on a weather check flight, which was amazing but nauseating experience. :crazy_face:

A 21 year old me, looking pretty rough after the flight. This was back in ‘92.

14 Likes