Just Flight Piper Arrow III looks so good!

Well as always with these pre-release “reviews”: You don’t bite the hand that feeds you.
Most of these youtubers depend on having exclusive stuff provided to gain views/likes and JF gets (free?) publicity for their product.

I’m curious about reviews from people that spent their own money on that, to be fully independent in their opinion.

That being said, what is to be seen and heard in these videos is really promising.

7 Likes

I’m know some of the creators you’re talking about and at least with the ones I know, they won’t falsely represent a product. Think about that, if they did, and you all went and bought it based on their review would you still trust their channel? That doesn’t benefit anyone. Plus the only “feed” their getting is the preview plane. I don’t think anyone’s retiring off of $40.00. Plus the developers use feedback they get to improve the final product. I don’t have a problem trusting them, you’ll find out real quickly if they misrepresented it, and you’ll know for the next time.

1 Like

Thanks for the honest feedback guys.

I definitely agree that I was not able to do much research beforehand except for studying the manual provided. That being said, that is the raw kind of footage I am exactly aiming for, because that’s as real as it gets when I share my feelings and impressions as I try the plane out for the first time together with the viewers.

It’s probably not for everybody, I admit, but I heard from a smart guy once, to paraphrase: you do what you like, and hope other people who like the same things find and stay with you.

I am an infant when it comes to flight sims and aviation (started only around 2 years ago), and I have been known to be the optimistic type, but whatever comments you’ve seen or heard in the vids are as honest as it gets from my end.

The future is looking bright for FS2020!

8 Likes

I have a very favorable view of the Arrow and I made a preview video that is at the top of this thread. I get nothing from Just Flight and I do YouTube for fun but fly for a living. I have flown Arrow IIs and the Turbo Arrow IV. I did my Commercial and CFI in the Turbo Arrow IV. Just Flight’s Arrow is really good. I have flown it for 8 hours in FS2020 in the last 3 days. I have tested every single button, switch and circuit breaker. The level of detail is unlike anything I have seen so far in FS2020 compared to default aircraft or any other add-on aircraft. Even the automatic gear extension in JF’s Arrow works correctly. They have done their homework and it shows. If it was bad, I would say it. I have given them feedback and they’ve responded positively to it. I will be buying it just like everyone else when it comes out.

12 Likes

I probably generalized a bit. It was just pretty interesting how many youtubers suddenly released videos and all were purely positive.

I know from other areas like photography that manufacturers provide review samples free of charge and they don’t need to tell the reviewer to stay positive - they just mostly do it themselves (sometimes without niticing and reflecting it themselves) since they rely on getting such samples for future products as well. It is simply important for their channel.

If that’s not the case here for some channels, it’s fine and I believe the Arrow is great.
I just take it all with a grain of salt since it all is part of marketing.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your view on JF and the arrow!

2 Likes

Could you please share something about the aerodynamics? Is it able to simulate effect like adverse yaw? I am always frustrated with MSFS due to the always coordinated turns. At least with current aircraft

2 Likes

Alabeo did the Archer that’s coming to MSFS, they also did the Seminole. Carenado just reboxed them as Carenado planes. Alabeo does fantastic work.

I can’t speak to JF’s FSX stuff, but I have their Tomahawk for XP11 and it’s really excellent (maybe not quite up to A2A standards, but not much else is).

1 Like
1 Like

I flew the Arrow III and Turbo Arrow from Just Flight in X-plane and I agree that the aircraft and company are top notch.

I am going to say a tiny tiny bit but I don’t know if that is something they can add or not. When full aileron, or any aileron, is added, the ball doesn’t move a lot until the airplane is in a bank. It’s noticeable in a real airplane. I am going out on a limb and say that is a limiting function inFS2020 that they cannot control.

The Carenado version has been released. It does look good on the outside. The cockpit does not have nearly the attention to detail of the Just Flight version. I tried to do a run up prior to take off. There was no rpm drop associated with the magneto check, and cycling the prop did not work either. Climb out is supposed to be at 95 kts. It felt anemic compared to the real Arrow. Once at altitude the prop lever did lower the RPMs, and when trimmed at 22 on the manifold, 24 on the rpm, and just lean of peak on the mixture, it obtained an indicated airspeed of 120 kts, which is consistent with the real one. Landing was a mess. Lowering the flaps caused the nose to pitch down (should be the opposite, but not too aggressive in this plane). There also didn’t seem to be any additional drag. Normally with the trim neutral, and gear extended, with 17 on the rpm the plane, in level flight quickly slows into the flap arc. With these settings and gear and flap fully extended, the plane should be close to a 500 foot per minute decent. Even in idle with gear down it took a while to get into the flap zone. With gear down and flaps extended, even in idle it was hard to get into the 78 kts approach speed without a lot of back pressure, or adding trim (something not normally required). Normally, the Arrow requires power right down to the flair. Pulling the power to idle during the flair results in a landing shortly afterwards. In the sim. I remained in idle, flaired and held it off the ground for more than half of a runway, where I’m normally able to stop in less than a 3rd. Once down you can usually use back pressure on the yoke to help slow the plane down. When I tried this, the plane ballooned back into the air, even though it was below stall speed. I feel this still needs quite a bit of work to be even a close approximation of what it feels like to fly the Arrow. I do hope Just Flight gets it better.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience (although please add paragraphs to your posts since it’s hard to read as a wall of text without stops), it matches some observations from the thread on the Carenado specifically:

I’m pretty sure we can expect more from the JustFlight version, it’s just a few days to go :slight_smile:
At least I’ve seen some videos on working the checklists and most of the behavior was as expected. Unfortunately the EGT gauge isn’t working, but it doesn’t on most aircraft. Maybe they figure it out some time.

Yeah, Carenado already said they will be patching the flight model.

1 Like

Huh? Do they communicate? Or only behind Facebook wall?

Just on FB. They said the plane was developed before this Hotfix was published and hasn’t been adjusted since cause the version they sent to MS was weeks ago. So they said they are gonna patch it.

3 Likes

On the 320 Sim Pilot live stream it was said that the planned release for the JustFlight PA-28R is on Tuesday. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sh@t sandwich!

The JustFlight Arrow will be way too expensive for me. It will cost me twice as much as it does anyone else. I guess I’m a unique case. I fly MSFS2020 on two different computers, each at a different location. When I logon to my MSFS account from either location, my flight logs and store purchases are synchronized from the cloud. All in-game market purchases are immediately available on both systems, or any computer in fact, anywhere, that I logon with MSFS installed.

Just got a response back from JF support confirming that if I buy the Arrow from their website, I will need a separate account for each location. That’s a nonstarter for me.

Hopefully, JF will offer the airplane through the in-game marketplace at some point in the future.