Just Flight's FS Traffic for MSFS

I guess it all boils down to personal preference but if you want traffic in the sim shouldn’t it be live in real time as flights are actually happening and not from a schedule from last year or am I missing something with this?

1 Like

well for me no because how often do you fly in real time if you fly at night after work are you really flying at night all the time? im never on real time

this is why i love the JF approach because if im flying wed afternoon i can select wed afternoon
admitedly a real time option maybe nice for those that wanted but im sure if you think about it who is flying real time all the time

5 Likes

If you’re not running in real-time, it might actually be nice to have traffic representative of the day of week and time you are configured for. Personally I run realtime usually, so meh, but it seems legit.

1 Like

First of all thank you so much for this product.
I haven’t seen any landing aircraft when I spawned on the gate. Do they appear after some certain period ? I’ve installed the game by watching the tutorial.
Thank you so much.

So to better understand - if you chose to fly on Wed. afternoon a 2 PM at a certain location for example - if every time you set up that parameter would you always then see the same planes in the same spots in the sim?

Again, landings are all determined and up to the control of the AI/ATC engine, which is still a mess. If JF aircraft are running off of the same logic, which they are, it could take 20-30+ minutes for things to start happening landing wise. Nothing they can do to fix that on their end. As stated before, different product, same headaches.

2 Likes

Alright I did a fresh reinstall and removed some things I never use from my community folder. Hope will work now

Thanks ! Hoping that SU12 can bring some real solution to the core AI issues.

Yes, since the schedules are fixed data. Every Wed at 2 pm will be the same aircraft, becomes quite predictable. You may notice +/- 15 minutes or so based on ATC, position to land or takeoff, etc… But the data will remain the same and unchanged. Keep in mind as well, since data is 7 months old, any routes or airlines that have either resumed routes or stopped since the data collection will not be present either. So if your local airport started having an increase of flights or airline services since June 2022, you won’t see those.

1 Like

We did find a work around which means aircraft don’t have to fly an entire procedure. For example somewhere like Heathrow you should see arrivals within 5 to 10 mins rather than 20-30.

John - Just flight.

1 Like

you say its predictable but its exactly how it is in real life all the info is from real schedules but instead of being so called live from flight radar its from historic information in this case 2022
also if flight radar data becomes inaccessible it wont effect this

personally and this is my own experience fsltl was hit and milss aftwr 20 mins of running heathrow became deserted i never really saw any live traffic …for instance ive got it running now at gurnsey channel islands and there isnt a single aircraft there

By procedure do you mean bypassing the STAR and just going to the IAF for the approach, just like with FS2004/FSX, if so, bravo, because that would definitely improve things. However, again, you’re at the mercy of the ATC/AI logic, so it is a step in the right direction but still severely limited.

FlightRadar data will never not be accessible. They make enough money from their premium subscribers and airlines/companies. The only thing predictable about schedules are the same international flight numbers that have been using the same routes and numbers for over 20 years. But even then, routes end, are added, or special routes are flown, maintenance flights, weather diversion flights, etc. that’s what makes it not predictable and that happens every day multiple times a day. Just yesterday, Houston had some bad storms where their international flights diverted to Austin and then had to ferry over to Houston, that would never happen in this situation.

1 Like

You chose probably one of the most obscure airports to base your claim on. Also, it’s what, 10 pm there? Yeah of course you won’t see any aircraft.

exactly but now is when i fly so i want traffic hence why live isnt always good

i meant due to network outages and things like that

I’m now able to get this to work at default airports, but it still isn’t working for me at Ini Builds KLAX, for example. Given that FSLT has no issues with any of my airports wrt hitting the claimed maximum objects limit, I’m getting a bit frustrated.

2 Likes

Yeah I still can’t get it to work. Tried everything I dunno

Anyone add custom livery from AIG or FSLTL and custom flight schedules? For my local airport no traffic is included by local small airlines, looks very easy to add them acording to the manual.

Anyone tried it yet?

JF traffic is ‘historic’ based on a full week in June 2022 rather than ‘live’ traffic based.

As you say, it all boils down to personal preferences. Personally I prefer a ‘live’ based method but if this was used exclusively I suppose some simers flying at night would see very little traffic.

It’s a shame though that the JF product doesn’t cater for live traffic too to cover all bases.

2 Likes