Just Released - Iris Simulations Grob Tutor

A favourite of the Royal Air Force University Air Squadrons (UAS) and Air Experience Flights (AEF), the Tutor has seen many of the cadets in the UK Air Training Corps experience their first flights and take steps towards becoming flight crew in the Royal Air Force.

Designed to execute pilot screening, elementary flight training (EFT) and aerobatics manoeuvres. The robust landing gear design allowed the aircraft to accomplish harsh training even in the worst climatic conditions.

Able to execute VFR training during day or night and IFR training in non-icing conditions, the spacious cockpit of the Tutor is fitted with two side by side seats for pilot and student, the large glass canopy renders all round clear visibility to the crew. The primary flight controls and switches are integrated to the right side of the cockpit to fly the aircraft with a right hand stick and a left hand throttle, which enables to transit easily to fast jet aircraft.

Overall, the Tutor is a remarkable training aircraft and is a joy to fly for both student and instructor.

3 Likes

Will be on Orbx and Simmarket within a day or two before coming to the Marketplace.

The developer is currently streaming this being flown in their discord.

Enjoyed a multiplayer flight with the David the developer earlier on their discord.

3 Likes

Well worth getting, flies brilliantly and very detailed model.

4 Likes

There’s already a thread about this plane. Check here:

1 Like

Yes which post dates this one, so it’s all good :smiley:

Why is it not on ORBX already?

Not sure, David said in Discord on the night of that post, that he had sent it to Orbx.

It’s not on SimMarket and not in Marketplace.

I was only repeating what the Developer reported on his Discord.

I know it is available via Orbx, however I purchased it directly from the developers website, there is a link to that site in the first post of this topic.

1 Like

I’m beginning to think this is another dead product or Iris can’t be bothered to update the version on the marketplace.

Website shows version 2.3.7 released in April 22 which fixed a “double aircraft” bug I was having:

Marketplace version is still 2.3.6:

Whilst we all know the marketplace release process is excessively slow, 18 months seems a bit ridiculous.

I’ve contacted Iris directly but after more than a week I’ve had no response to my request for clarifications so issues with marketplace release aside, I’m assuming it’s the developers at fault until I hear otherwise.

This was one of the first aircraft I purchased and as a PC user this and others I’ve learnt my lesson and don’t buy anything through the marketplace where it can be avoided (Redwing being a notable exception).

I really wish Microsobo would enforce standards of release before a product can be put in the marketplace that mandates developers have to submit updates if this are also made available on their own storefront. We seem to have 3-tier system right now; Marketplace, 3rd Party such as Orbx/simmarket, or direct. Only direct seems to be reliable from my experience.

At this time Iris are another developer on my blacklist, shame as I like a few of their other aircraft. Hopefully they can turn it around by replying.

1 Like

Just bought this module, and it’s broken in VR. The in flight menu (TAB) appears vertically, and selecting weather for example opens the weather settings, but you cannot click on the time slider.