KADW - Andrews - CTD Analysis by Community contributions

Sort answer, no. There is a problem with the bldo010.cgl file. It has been reported to Asobo and they acknowledged the problem. The good news is that if you are willing to wait a week, it should be fixed in SU7.

2 Likes

Thanks Mike

Yes – wait for SU7 !!

2 Likes

I’m glad I saw this post, I assumed the crashes were caused by the DC landmarks addon that I have.

1 Like

I thought the same, neither the DC scenery or area airport scenery impacted this CTD. And after renaming/deleting the culprit file, these sceneries still worked just fine.

I confirm, the CTD did not occur when I flew somewhere else, the flight went just fine, looking at the importance of the DC area I’m kind of surprised that there wasn’t an official announcement or forum channel giving warning to people not to fly to certain areas until the issues are resolved?

1 Like

Of course assuming the issue will be resolved with SU7…

1 Like

FlyingRaccoon :diamonds::diamonds: N6722C · Oct 28 2021 at 11:20 AM

Yes, it will be fixed in SU7.

If FlyingRaccoon (Asobo) says it will be fixed, that’s good enough for me :+1:

3 Likes
3 Likes

An In-Sim message Board as the sim loads, would be a great addition, as long as it remained Informational and did not become an advertising Bill Board .

1 Like

On Xbox Series X here, simply can’t load into college park airport without crashing to home screen. Very close to Andrews Air Force base. Just wanted to confirm it’s happening on Xbox also.

Yes it is … and it should be corrected for both PC & X-Box users, with SU7.

1 Like

I have the same issue: CTD in the area of Washington

1 Like

Can anyone confirm whether this was fixed in SU7?

I only did one quick test, spawned on the runway at Andrews, took off, made a few turns in the area for about 3 minutes. Everything seemed OK, but not an extensive test by any means.

1 Like

I’m assuming the item in the release notes that covers this issue was in the “World” section and said this:

“Fixed a crash that could occur when flying near cities with a lot of autogen buildings”

If my guess is correct, then the way they phrased it means there were other locations that could also have been doing this. I wonder how often this happened at other random locations.

FIXED in SU7

No longer CTD when flying near KADW (Andrews)

Thank you Asobo :+1:

8 Likes

Thank you devs!

A post was split to a new topic: Crashes post SU7 on Xbox

This issue solved with SU7. Closing topic per OP request.