KADW - Andrews - CTD Analysis by Community contributions

KADW is located in scenery area 0302, which covers most of the US northeast, including airports as far north as Boston, and as far west as Detroit.

It appears that the CGL folders use the same numeric naming convention as the base scenery folders, except they drop the third digit - so \0302 becomes \032

all airports in 0302 area can be visually impacted by removing this file.
FSX_BASE_FILE_SYSTEM

4 Likes

Thanks for the graphic. The 0302 scenery area is even bigger than I realized.

it comes from fsx sdk (if i remember) but it should be the same for MSFS

Yes, the naming convention of base scenery folders and airport APXxxxxx.BGL files appears to be the same in MSFS as in FSX and P3D.

I think the recommended solution was to rename the file, NOT DELETE the file. The scenery still seems to work when I fly into JB Andrews, after renaming file. No more CTDā€™s for me.

The original suggestion to just rename bldo010.cgl to say bldo010.cgl.save, was so you could rename it back again if you wanted, rather than just delete it and loose it.

If it is renamed, as far as MSFS is concerned it should no longer exist in MSFS.

Well for me, the rename worked just fine. The scenery is still there (could be another file as well), but the CTDā€™s went away. FWIW-I tested this with three different LOD settings, and used the same route for all three tests. After following the rename, works fine, no matter which plane/approach/destination. And you are correct, itā€™s should not show up as a recogonized file for the Sim to look for. Some kind of fall-over for this area for scenery.

Hello all, I had a 3 CTD at 3 consecutive days trying to finish a flight from KBOS to KDCA, I started the flight from C&D (FBW A320n) everything goes smoothly, until approaching KDCA using the CLIPR2 STAR to RWY19 then at almost the exact same location (about 25nm from arrival airport), time (about an hour into flight) and altitude (less than FL100) I get momentarily freeze then a CTD.
I read the post above and replies, is there any solution rather than renaming system files? ā€¦Many thanks

1 Like

Sort answer, no. There is a problem with the bldo010.cgl file. It has been reported to Asobo and they acknowledged the problem. The good news is that if you are willing to wait a week, it should be fixed in SU7.

2 Likes

Thanks Mike

Yes ā€“ wait for SU7 !!

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad I saw this post, I assumed the crashes were caused by the DC landmarks addon that I have.

1 Like

I thought the same, neither the DC scenery or area airport scenery impacted this CTD. And after renaming/deleting the culprit file, these sceneries still worked just fine.

I confirm, the CTD did not occur when I flew somewhere else, the flight went just fine, looking at the importance of the DC area Iā€™m kind of surprised that there wasnā€™t an official announcement or forum channel giving warning to people not to fly to certain areas until the issues are resolved?

1 Like

Of course assuming the issue will be resolved with SU7ā€¦

1 Like

FlyingRaccoon :diamonds::diamonds: N6722C Ā· Oct 28 2021 at 11:20 AM

Yes, it will be fixed in SU7.

If FlyingRaccoon (Asobo) says it will be fixed, thatā€™s good enough for me :+1:

3 Likes
3 Likes

An In-Sim message Board as the sim loads, would be a great addition, as long as it remained Informational and did not become an advertising Bill Board .

1 Like

On Xbox Series X here, simply canā€™t load into college park airport without crashing to home screen. Very close to Andrews Air Force base. Just wanted to confirm itā€™s happening on Xbox also.