KBUR Hollywood Burbank Airport v2 released!

Anyone notice stuttering / lagging with V2 when changing views in the aircraft or panning around the aircraft while on the ground at KBUR? I get that now and didn’t used to with V1 of this scenery. There is no way to roll back to V1 since I bought it through the marketplace which kinda sucks

This stuttering / bad performance at the terminal when changing internal views or panning the external camera is still happening with V2. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the scenery and it still happening. This didn’t happen with V1 which was very smooth all the time. This stuttering / bad performance seems to occur when parked at the terminal and the terminal is in view. If you pan the camera down and rotate it around the aircraft so only the ground is visible, the stuttering gets somewhat better, but the second the terminal is in view, its stuttering and laggy again.

1 Like

The update dropped on Marketplace a while ago, and I gotta say while it looks great it runs horribly at anything but ‘Low-end’ settings for me. It’s simply unacceptable, they have clearly done absolutely no optimization work whatsoever; I’ve uninstalled it and given a 1-star rating on Marketplace. :frowning:

[Update after the weekend] Orbx gave me a very polite reply to my support request, and offered me a complimentary direct license to the V1 KBUR, which ran ok but didn’t look as fancy. That’s very nice of them, and gets me back in the air in that area until they work out the kinks on V2. :smiley:

If you’re a direct orbx customer you should already be able to revert; if you’re a Marketplae customer like me, Orbx seems to recognize there’s a perf problem on V2 and is happy to set you up if you file a support request. You can then install V1 in the community folder and uninstall the Marketplace V2 for now.

V2 runs heavier on performance than V1, but has more eye candy details.
So if you plan on flying a performance demanding aircraft like PMDG 737, FBW or Fenix A320, BAE 146 then expect performance loss. The scenery runs fine for me with all other planes.

I can be in the lightest of single-engine GA planes, I get like 5-7 fps. :slight_smile:

Did a landing the other day it was like 1fps, had to go-around and switch to “low-end”.

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (soon to be upgraded, yay)
  • 32GB RAM
  • NVIDIA RTX 2070S
  • current gaming-reader drivers
  • Windows 11 (stock, not insiders)

Default settings is everything on “Ultra”, nothing enhanced beyond that. Usually get 25-30fps toodling around on the ground at medium-size 3rd-party airports like KSNA (UK2000) or the old KBUR.

Generally 30-40 fps flying over greater LA or Portland areas at modest GA altitudes (2000-3000 MSL). Lower end for photogrammetry areas (most of LA), higher end in the boonies/autogen.

Sorry but these perform terribly in an already fps heavy place.

What is your monitor resolution? I generally get 5-7 fps at large airports when I run everything pushed to ULTRA on similar hardware.

3440x1440, and that’s not typical performance for me.

Lemme gather some quick stats before I go changing my hardware config. :slight_smile:

Ok, so what’s going on is that for a still performance looks great but if the camera ever moves performance drops like a rock in KBUR v2 and not in other airports that I tested so far…

Based on the memory figures I suspect KBUR v2 is very heavy on VRAM, much more so than the other ones I tested, and is exceeding the 2070’s 8GB – this could lead to consistent performance on still views (same data over and over) and worse when panning (having to swap data in/out of VRAM).

Hence bumping down to “low-end” settings helping restore performance enough to land: it made the textures and/or meshes small enough not to have to swap. :frowning:

KBUR v2 sitting still:

Panning with camera:

Meanwhile, Asobo’s KLAX and UK2000’s KSNA show a much more modest slowdown on pan, which mostly recovers after it’s loaded all local scenery up I guess:

I’ve flown in and out of this scenery 8 - 10 times in the last couple weeks in the PMDG 737-700 and haven’t noticed any specific performance hits on my system (i7-11700KF clocked up to 5.0Ghz; RTX 3070; 32GB DDR4-3600 and the sim running on a 2TB m.2 drive).

Just wanted to drop in and say I flew in to KBUR v2 today and took a nasty FPS hit on approach and through landing and taxi. FPS went down to like 15fps…

I have flown into and out of this scenery many times without any frame rate issues, but not since SU11. Widespread stutters/pauses, especially during final, has been pretty widely report in various threads around the forums since December.

So I flew in here from KLAS this morning in the PMDG 737-800, running the ILS 8 Yankee approach. Everything was buttery smooth all the way through the approach, landing, rollout and the short couple hundred foot taxi to the gate. FPS on short final inside the cockpit was low-40s, dropping to mid/upper 30’s with GSX unloading the plane and dozens of ground models (pax and ground crew, luggage carts, etc) moving around. So no issues with the scenery for me.