KSFO missing from navdata in 1.9.5?

To make matters worse: if you plan a route from KSFO from the main menu, the active waypoint in the FMS flight plan will be one step further than the active leg.

Example: enroute to KAYEX (active purple leg is ok) but waypoint LOSHN is active in the FMS flight plan.

Honestly who needs KSFO sids and stars. Nobody wants to go to that s***hole.

In all seriousness though this is why I reactivated my Navigraph.

I have Navigraph data but it doesn’t support FS 2020 yet? Or how do you do it…?

Honestly, I think that even if you just got the $25 yearly sub to the nav data, it would be worth it. Then you don’t have to deal with fragmented and incorrect data that Asobo put into MSFS.

I found so many badly aligned runways, missing approaches, ILS, etc in the stock data. In one case, following ILS down would land you on a taxiway instead of runway. Since I got Navigraph, everything is fine. All the problematic airports I encountered with the stock data now work correctly. I’m glad I got the whole Navigraph package. The app itself is a bit lacking compared to others, but the data is solid.

The FMS data system for MSFS2020 is still in beta. If you go to their forum you can find a link for it. I was very reluctant to use beta data on an alpha game in fear of breaking something, but the more garbage airports I came across, the more I was pushed to it. And sure enough, it worked fine. I’m glad I did it.

1 Like

Thanks for trying it. Well, you definitely aren’t seeing what we are seeing, so at least everyone isn’t being affected. Might need to try to figure out where the nav data is coming from. Perhaps our sources are different somehow…

Well, Phoenix to Santa Ana seems to be doing ok after a full re-install.

How about KSFO? I tried a repair but that didn’t bring it back…Glad you got at least something back for your troubles.

Haven’t tried that yet. Have to actually do some work today. Maybe tonight.

FWIW… arrival at KSNA was borked. ATC kept telling me to climb to 12000 until just before I hit the transition to the ILS (I ignored it) and then once I got on the ILS, it was guiding me to 20L instead of 20R horizontally and wouldn’t pick up the glide slope vertically. And before anyone asks, ATC and my flight plan both had 20R input. Always something man. Always.

Installed Navigraph beta. Tested KSFO in both the G1000 in the 172SP, and the G3000 in the TBM930.

Both aircraft on the ground from cold and dark, added KSFO as a “Direct To” waypoint without any issue.

I also have KSFO missing. Premium Deluxe.

I confirm Bishop. I flew a flight in A320 a day before the patch and it worked flawlessly. After patching, for the same flight, the MCDU was empty but the ND showed a trace. On 787, the flightplan was present in the FMC but NAV/RAD data for whichever runway was missing the frequency.

Regards
Yves lefevre

Your room mate shouldn’t be jealous. It is only fair, Premium package owners have more bugs. We paid more. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the same issue with my Premium version and the 1.29 version of KSFO is installed. I’ve no tier program installed and only liveries in the community folder.

Now, what will happen if I delete KSFO update? Is last version will come back or I won’t have KSFO at all anymore? And will It be downloadable again at my will?

Thanks

You should be able to delete it. I have KDEN from Flight Beam and KORD from FSDreamTeam and I deleted both of those airports. They now show as available for download in my library. But that is a very good idea! I’m going to try deleting KSFO and reinstalling.

1 Like

Well, I just tried it and it didn’t fix it for me. Blank Flight Plan page in the MCDU with KDEN->KSFO IFR/High Altitude Airways flight plan chosen from the World Map.

1 Like

I was trying to take flight from KSFO to PHNL and could plan the flight. When I try to enter KSFO on POS INIT Page in FMC I get a message the “not in database”
Preciously I could fly out of KSFO but this is happening today after getting an automatic update while loading the sim.

Please help resolving this.

1 Like

If you’re running Premium Deluxe, the general consensus seems to be either submit it to ZenDesk and wait for a patch, or pay for Navigraph and use their data. No workarounds that we’ve found yet.

At least it demonstrates that we can uninstall and reinstall easily. I’ll try to reach KSFO after deleting it to see if at least it refers to a basic installation.

Navigraph might allow you to make a flightplan in the world map but it doesn’t fix the ability to program options from within the MCDU as far as I can tell.