Lightning in mostly sunny skies

Same for me. Last few days (like a week cause I’m back in the game recently)… lightning everywhere. I flew around Nice, France… lightning storms (I live here ffs). Flew around Monument Valley US… Lightning storms with few clouds… Flew over Hawaii… same… Flew over Romania… same… WTF?

It scary that in the live stream they completely down played it… a problem has close to zero chances of being solved if is not acknowledged!

Asobo guys should be more profesional on livestreams and never dismiss reported problems as being absurd or unreal. If they don’t believe it’s true and they’ve checked it quickly at the coffee in the morning they should simply refrain from talking it down.
Say: “We will keep looking into it, for now we have no information”.
Otherwise it could be a real big problem and they will simply look stupid.

2 Likes

Anyone confirm or deny that this has been fixed in todays update?

I loaded up my local airport kmke there is rain and possible tstorms in forecast but currently it is just mostly cloudy. When I clicked live weather on the map it showed a thunderstorm but in sim it was actually pretty spot on as far as what it looked like outside and I didn’t see any lightning or hear thunder. Yesterday I loaded at same location and it was mostly sunny outside and in sim was constant thunder even though there were only a few clouds. I am cautiously optimistic it’s been fixed but will still need to further test to make sure

:smiley:
After loading the weather looks clear though but… funny… and not sure you can trust it.

did i ever tell you the definition of insanity?

it seems to have been fixed with todays update

Not for me…

Sorry to hear you are still having issues. It may be possible that there is more than one root cause to this issue.
If you have the time and the inclination, you could log a Zendesk bug any of the following information, if it is available to you:

• Where you were when you saw it
  • Date and time you were there (in local or Zulu time)
  • Screenshot, if you have one
  • Were you on live weather
  • Current real-world METARs for any nearby airports
  • Screenshot of the Meteoblue current conditions for that area

This forum topic will be closing soon because we will be moving it to Resolved Bugs. But you can continue the conversation in the Discussion topic for update 6 if you would like.

This item was delivered as part of Update 6 (v1.10.11.0).

Has anyone come up with anything to stop the thunderstorms which are now literally everywhere? It’s ridiculous.

11 Likes

Same to me, blue sky, few clouds, Lightenings everywhere… its really disturbing when I fly…
I made the last update 1.9.5.0

yes it’s the one bug introduced by 1.9.3 that hasn’t been fixed in 1.9.5

2 Likes

I’ve only just noticed it over the last week. It’s literally everywhere now.

They’re just adjusting the experience more suitable for future console players :wink:

1 Like

I decided to use REX Weather Force 2020 since 1.9.3 to avoid such weather inconsistencies. It works better.

Cheers

Please use the search function and add your input in existing threads. Also there you have the option to upvote it to give this issue a higher priority.
It doesn’t help the community if we spread the discussion and the votes around in numerous threads which look less significant individually.

3 Likes

If you read my post you’ll realise I was asking a question in relation to the excessive lightening.

If you read my linked thread, you’d know that it is exactly about this issue.

2 Likes

I use the Unreal Weather mod and it works like a charm, plus it’s free

1 Like

That thread has no discussion about a work around or community fix