Live Q & A via Twitch

Nope. Not false. I watched it with my own eyes.

God forbid they missed one. I am SO wrong.

You haven’t watched well enough. You’re misquoting a developer and that’s not Kosher.

Since I’ve seen a few people doubting the success of Microsoft Flight Simulator, here’s what Head of Microsoft Flight Sim Jeorg Neuman (from Microsoft) said today in the latest livestream.

“We are growing the team on all sides. We’re growing the team on the Microsoft side, Asobo is growing the team…

This has been — and honestly, you’ve made it that — this has been a great success. It’s seen as that at Microsoft. This is a great, great success.

And that’s because you guys engaged. You’re here, and we’re here too. We’re growing this and we’re going to make this just awesome. That is our commitment.

We’re listening. Hopefully, you feel that we’re listening, and we’re also acting and not just talking about stuff. We’re bringing updates currently every two weeks, which is a lot, but fundamentally this is a platform that is thriving and I think we see it from third-parties, hopefully from us.

And yes, it takes some patience which is always difficult, but I think it’s going to be just an awesome journey to be on.”

This should put the topic to rest. :sunglasses:

If you’re wondering, they also debunked the Xbox VR rumor and said that the sim is releasing on Xbox “sometime in the next year.”

11 Likes

Doesn’t debunk or put it to rest for me. Just so much wrong here.

2 Likes

I’ve also posted a couple of posts on this topic too with my own before/after comparisons for patch 2 and patch 3

Very happy to help with providing screenshots to help with this

3 Likes

Thank you for another insightful session.
Could it be an option to send 4-5 questions to MS/Asobo some days in advance of the Q&A?
If you pick some of the hottest topics and give them a chance to prepare some answers?

That way we will be able to cover more and also get some more detailed answers.

2 Likes

Sorry you are correct should have said “Memory handling bug”

it would be even better to just reply to the threads on forum and close them after their response. No hassle.
And keep monthly Live QnA for new updates, pending updates, wishlists, etc. c

2 Likes

Is it possible the convo about the lack of AI traffic kept going back to licensing for liveries and models because they are related?

E.g. part of the reason some of the AI traffic is not generated is because there is not a corresponding licensed model of the aircraft to display? Rather than remap everything to a generic model, they are waiting to obtain the rights to use the actual name and model?

will it come with update 5 tommorow?

I fly almost daily, always with live weather, and I‘ve never seen it either. Which of course doesn‘t mean the problem doesn‘t exist.

4 Likes

Stop trying to explain what I know/don’t know. It has been posted numerous times that lightning has substantially increased, whether there’s a storm or not. This isn’t just a couple of us griping. It was clearly brought up in the twitch chat by several, too

3 Likes

I only watched the QA for 10 min and lost interest. Very vague answers like “we’re working on it”, “we’re investigating”, " we need more examples" etc. No specific questions/answers about bugs that have been very obvious for some time now. They should better prepare these QA’s. Set up like 10 specific questions and send these to the team a couple of days before a session so they can formulate decent informative answers.

9 Likes

Thank you. I’m not asking for others to say me too but the lightning issue is absolutely there since a patch or two. I don’t understand why this is becoming a “no it’s not” issue. Several have posted it and discussed it.

4 Likes

100% agree. I think Jayne tried every way she should to get clarification on some of the bigger issues. Jorg provided a lot of clarification, in my opinion. Can’t say the others did.

1 Like

Just a quick note to those of you pointing to feedback on the forums. Please keep filing detailed bug reports on Zendesk as well. Detailed bug reports are instrumental in finding, documenting and resolving bugs.

While the forums provide a fantastic platform for users to discuss and compare data on bugs, Zendesk is still the official channel for reporting detailed bug reports.

The Microsoft Flight Simulator forums see thousands of posts a day. According to the admin panel, our current reporting period shows a range of daily posts of ~2,000 to 6,000+ so you can imagine it is easy to miss things.

8 Likes

What, you mean like politicians? Oh wait…

Sure that is one area of AI Traffic. The topic of AI traffic also talks about logic/behavior of AI Traffic i.e. landings, taxis, dense traffic on few airport but lack of traffic on many, etc.

1 Like

Made a zendesk report on a CTD of a fixed location in Germany. Explained what happened … even made a screenshot on the location … guide to location etc etc etc … to me 45 mins to complete.

After a few days … closed with a DEFAULT answer about vfr map ( not the issues ) and downloading issues and how 1.9.5 solved a lot of bugs … the zendesk ticket WAS about 1.9.5

So i am not sure how zendesk tickets solve things this way !!

6 Likes