Live Traffic with working Liveries!

i already include the models from IVAO after release so, a few weeks ago. So i can tell you that the Sim will catch whatever he like.

X plane 11 has a free mod called Live Traffic. It does an awesome job of replicating the real traffic. About 5% of the time the model displayed is wrong due to openskies not having right tag.

Perhaps you may want to download that add on, it’s open source, and include what you can

They have most liveries around the world, and there was animation like gears and flaps moving. Itused python for animation.

However, the last update I think does it without animation. There is no license, the author says people can modify at will.

3 Likes

So you are saying this is by chance then…

I don’t think there is a generic a319 like the one shown in the pics (I also don’t have BA liveries in my a320)… Yes I have the generic airliner models but BAW193 is a 787-10 in real life and the model pack only has the 787-8. Which makes sense as to why it’s generic.

The airbus is an a319 in flightware…

By the way, is it ok to backup the ivao-x-csl thing, uninstall the IVAO client, and paste it back in? I would love to not have IVAO stuff on my pc as I don’t use the network.

yeah should be fine.

how can i download it?

Tried it, and it added all the lines for Ground services, and it added them all as Static aircraft, they are not flying AI. still all the generics. Oh well.

It depends on the aircraft. They have to match what is included in the liveries list. Also make sure AI Generic is set to off in your settings.

For example you will see generic if:

1. You have the correct plane but the livery does not exist.
  2. The plane does not exist.

Ie you will see a generic plane if you have a British Airways 787-9 taking off because the livery pack only has the 787-10.

You won’t see a Delta 738 because the livery pack only has the 739 in a DAL livery. etc

1 Like

well, so far, no Frontier, fedex, nothing. but I’ll keep watching, Im in LAX

Can you post here or pm me the flights? I can validate against the models in the package.

is this only for 5 liveries?

well, I can do that too. give me a few

1 Like

No, the AI Traffic Liveries mod comes with 5 liveries. It’s a good fill in for planes that can’t be matched for very common airliners.

Example:

Delta 737-800 does not exist, you will get a Delta Generic Twin Engine plane to take its place.

The actual package has a lot of liveries (too many to list here) but it does not have all liveries.

so Jetblue and Laftansa planes will be seen flying and taxiing?

It doesn’t really work though. Its already been tested in the other thread, and I have manually tested this myself by painfully amending many model’s aircraft.cfg (wish I had this script then).

It either randomly spawns and you get lucky with the livery OR it somehow spawns the first one correctly and can’t manage the rest. Evidenced by the second a319 ba flight spawning a jetblue livery aircraft. That’s exactly what happens to me. It also cannot spawn anything other than a319 or a320 (besides the generic aircraft). I’ve add the necessary info to the Boeing models aircraft.cfg and have not seen a single one spawn, even when I’ve tried Ryanair bases (they all spawn as generic ai).

The BA “Boeing” is the generic ai aircraft using the livery pack from nexus mods I presume, that actually works but obviously it can only spawn the generic model. I think there’s something wrong with how the game is pulling the data from flightaware.

Well if that is the case then it sounds like this is an issue on how Asobo interprets liveries and models from their source as I am rather certain these configs have all the required information in them to make them successful and I have seen them fly. I think it might be worth bringing up in the developer q/a if possible.

It works for me. At EGLL I didn’t spot a BA plane (only metrojet, PIA, some default airbus a321 liveries and avianca, skyteam etc) but hey it’s not default generic. I’ll take it until a better method comes up.

Yeah, it’s a shame. Hopefully it’s something asobo can clarify.

If you check the departure/arrival boards in the world map menu you can see the aircraft and airline icao codes present. The data is there, but there must be a something wrong with the way this data is represented in the sim.

2 Likes

Thank you for your efforts! I haven’t had a chance to try this yet, but does it work for vatsim?