Live Weather Does Not Match

On my side I do notice some improvement but as I said in my previous post I’m not that sure because I wasn’t flying that much SU10 but for sure the way that winds impacts the envelop (only CFD updated) feels pretty realistic, and even if it’s not the topic here the perfs are just excellent with my “old” GTX 1080 running 4k how come!!! (only flying with Real Live Weather)

But to stay focus on the weather, the accuracy of METAR and winds charts compared to MSFS 2020 it’s just spot on so far based on what I did “test” with the new beta. Again it’s still missing convective, updraft/downdraft, real icing conditions in some CB and real impact on the envelop due to icing conditions which is still not implemented but it’s a very early SU11 beta so let’s see how it goes… :wink:

EDITED PAGY/PAOH Live Weather, got stuck in such severe turbulence that my C310 lost speed to 80kt due to a huge updraft as never seen in MSFS, so that it’s the first time (running SU11 beta) that I’ve said to myself I shoud not fly into those weather conditions… I have no idea if SU11 beta did unlock up/downdraft but I’ve never encountered such turbulence in CB in MSFS, I have no idea if MSFS detects CB but what I can say is that it looked like convectives around but again not sure, still investigating… it was so enjoyable to stall due to the weather and to recover 3000 ft above) … sounds good!

2 Likes

i just did a test of SU11, the clouds depiction is the same as before (horrible unfortunately)

5 Likes

So we could say with a lot of certainty that it’s METAR’s fault then, i saw photos of yesterdaynigut when METAR was not working and the weather was beautiful…but at this point i don’t think it will ever go back in beauty…it’s been a year so…so i sm considering removing MFS since it takes so much space on my xbox and i use it less and less.

5 Likes

i agree, it’s sad that after one year of waiting we didn’t see any single effort to improve weather. They are assuming that introducing metar to the sim was the best thing that they have done but it’s the opposite. We can’t enjoy flying anymore. I’m very sad seriously.

10 Likes

Yep METAR as we’ve said all along has ruined the weather experience, and SU11 as fully expected has made no major improvements

6 Likes

I think we should use the post of SealedVolcano50 to keep reporting and voting for the clouds depiction issue with live weather. When you see the 1st post of the author, it is a different issue than clouds depiction we are complaining about.

Clouds in weather presets are not that bad, so why when using live weather, we almost always get the same CB cloud type and additionaly more or less transparent. Not realistic at all. We should see various cloud types depending on the layers, Also we should see cold fronts as they were implemented at release.

2 Likes

Should we change the title? Why do you think it’s not correct?
Though i think at this stage the only solution is tu have the option of flying without METAR

2 Likes

Your post is correct to report the issue with cloud depiction. This thread “Live Weather Does Not Match” is to report discrepencies like Meteoblue/Metar report wind values and in the sim those values are totally different, or Meteoblue/Metar reports clouds at a location and in the sim there are no clouds at that location, or they are clouds but at a different altitude for example. Is that makes sense ?

1 Like

Yes :slight_smile: but i feel like we are battling a lost cause…

5 Likes

Yes I feel the same. Each release contains some improvements to the weather, that’s good, but those are not the points we are complaining the most in that weather forum and they were minor fixes. Just an exception with SU11 that hopefully will fix the abrupt transitions, for this one yes there was many complaints. Maybe a weather update only in SU12 ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Live Weather still doesnt work on my side…no clouds, standard qnh/ing and no winds…(real live weather should be totally different)…just boring with this weather issue…

In that case, have you checked the following ?:

• Live Weather is activated in General Options/Data
  • Developers mode is off
  • If using a PC, IPv6 is disabled in your network settings (need to resart your PC)

Yes all things are already checked…still have this issue since several days

1 Like

I have to revise my post from above - today test flight over France (bad) weather - rain, soup, clouds up to 30000 feet (continuous) - I don’t know if coincidence but it has looked like this before - just as a note - icing everywhere !
(don’t pay attention to the displays - it was just a test flight without any inputs or settings) !

EDIT:

But it seemed to be a “NON-METAR” area - LFPG loaded - same picture on the ground - but as soon as you take off it’s the same picture again - interrupted cloud cover, no correlation, no expansion, etc. - METAR area - can’t really figure out what I’m seeing !

something off-topic !

And the clouds are transparent at night - I think too much of the density was taken away so they don’t look “pixelated” unfortunately it has a lot of negative side effects!

1 Like

No METAR available… AGAIN

i hope the metar will never come back

5 Likes

I’ve noticed the same with clouds at night Sun visible through heavy cloud - #28 by DementedCorn327. I thought that maybe by fixing the sun visible through clouds it will also fix the lights visible through clouds at night but it is not the case (I have tested it in SU11). I have created a bug for that: Lights visible through clouds at night

1 Like

Complete overcast here today in the UK, mostly comprised of a higher overcast layer not reported by METAR. The world map appears to show this really well:

But in-game, the usual cumulus mess since SU7

13 Likes

when i see those weather situations on the world map, i’m sure that i will see horrible clouds in game

3 Likes

Also sattelite images show overcast

Strange, real METAR do not match real weather. Who can fix that issue?

3 Likes