Live Weather Does Not Match

Why? They also use forecast models right? Same issue that METAR and Forecasts not matches all the time. To me that is not an issue though. Thats how real weather is. Weather is unpredictable, always changing and is always dynamic. We could use METAR to predict the weather but we can’t change the real weather to match METAR if it does not match the METAR. But in the sim we wants the METAR to change the weather to match those. Why? Why don’t we make an own observation if the METAR does not match the weather in the sim instead of beg Asobo to make the weather fixed/solid around airports for 30 minutes until next METAR is reported?

3 Likes

I think it’s getting more static because they are buying more coarce data as time goes on probably for cost reasons. The weather is not as good any more because the data isn’t as good is my guess.

Well, could be, Who knows. But many users wanted that less detailed METAR weather.

I think and hope all of this is just a bug or something that got into the new weather system they released in su7. I’ve noticed a switch happening in the morning my local time. I hope that is the issue and that Asobo will look into it soon.

1 Like

I don’t argue with what you say because we are still caught up in what has been talked about in this thread and that Asobo and MSFS turn a deaf ear. WINDY is used by my airline and we are always up-to-date with the system that WINDY uses, which is also used by METEOBLUE, but the WINDY system is more dynamic and more immersive when it comes to planning, flight start, cruise, descent and landing. but as you also mention the weather is like a playful child.

1 Like

What i’ve noticed though is that windy and meteoblue is not much different from eachother. We can use windy to plan if we want to. We can use any type of forecasts. They will report different forecasts but they should be similar. The same thing applies to planning with windy in the real weather. The forecast model in use at windy may not match Meteoblue weather 100%. Exactly the same as the windy forecastmodel or Meteoblue forecast models will not always match real world weather. Thats how weather is, unpredictable. But we can predict the unpredictable weather using forecasts that is calculated based of real observations.

For pressure as an example, it’s also a dynamic thin in weather. We know the altitude of the airport because that is static. To check the pressure tune the pressure until the altitude match the airport altitude. Then you have the pressure at that location. When flying i’m using the forecasted pressure. It differ maybe ± 1Hpa from METAR. Same with temp. Wind can differ more but it also differ more in the real weather too bacause it changes more often.

The issue with the users of simulators is that we need to find a match. The real weather doesn’t need to match anything. We know they are using a forecast model that is made out of real observations. That means we have real weather in the sim but not always accurate to the future weather that will happen in the future. But it will be accurate to the model they are using that may be accurate sometimes to the future weather and sometimes not. Exactly as weather works IRL. We then need to do an observation in the sim to be able to judge if the forecasts we used were correct. I think if we are using a different forecast app/model than Meteoblue we then have a more realistic forecast. Using the model they inject as a tool to predict the weather makes the weather predictable 100% and that is unrealistic. Exactly the same when we check a METAR and have the weather 100% as METAR says.

3 Likes

This happens in the US as well.

My weather issue is I’m not getting any clouds what so ever. They are showing in the map area, however, every time I fly, I get clear skies. I’m getting all the right altimeter reading from ATC, but no clouds.

Flying into Bari, LIBD with current METAR LIBD 160650Z 19005KT 110V220 9999 -RA FEW040 26/16 Q1010 and clouds covering half of southern Adriatic, guess what? Not a cloud in sight. Asobo live weather still sucks…

8 Likes

Just made a flight to ENCN…Original Metar: ENCN 220620Z 06004KT 9999 -RADZ FEW002 BKN006 09/09 Q1021

Weather in MSFS: Blue Skies, no single cloud…

2 Likes

But clouds data comes from Meteoblue data. Not METAR. Only the fog layer/visibility and wind,temp,pressure around airports comes from METAR. Check Meteoblue instead for cloud-data.

1 Like

eddm metar says overcast and low vis, in fs i can see the stars

2 Likes

Sim is still not capable of rendering overcast clouds using live weather:

6 Likes

please Asobo i’m begging you, make the weather and clouds as realistic as it can be please, it’s been more than 1 year that i can’t enjoy flying while i can still see those awful clouds around the sky

4 Likes

maybe one day we will see this

3 Likes

Another inconsistency of the weather situation with METAR. This time at the PACD airport. For 2 weeks it has been there around 10 degrees and the ground cover is snow like in Antarctica. When I change the weather to manual, the snow automatically disappears. Fix this bug.

4 Likes

Sadest thing is, the sim is actually capable of an sky like that, it’s just an issue, but Asobo seems to ignore all this.

5 Likes

Before SU7 this was quite normal. So the sim and the live weather can do that.
Asobo has unfortunately completely shredded the weather system with the update. Almost 1 year ago, since then there hasn’t been the slightest improvement. It is not even discussed or said that it is being worked on. Not a good sign, but I hope so too.

8 Likes

It came close today

6 Likes

but it’s very rare to see those clouds unfortunately

5 Likes

That’s quite an exception and not the norm. I haven’t seen anything like that in 1 whole year. Before su7 it was very common to enjoy quite accurate and visually beautiful skies. That’s no longer the case 99% of the time. And Asobo seems to just ignore this.

9 Likes