Live Weather Does Not Match

The goal isn’t to match the Meteoblue predictions. The goal is to match real world weather.

3 Likes

Perhaps this addresses the “future weather” issue that seems to occur at the same time every day. Keeping my fingers crossed, I’ll test it out later. :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

which it can only do by using data from forecasts, and hoping that that forecast itself is accurate…

Yes, but Meteoblue models are a means, not a goal.

yes, but we need a way of being able to check the weather in the sim for flight planning purposes, so given the sim is supposed to get data from meteooblue, the weather in sim needs to match meteoblue’s forecast at the correct times, in order for us to know what the weather will be in the sim.

2 Likes

Well… again, no. The goal is for the in sim weather to match real world weather, and the way you will get current weather will be the same as in real life: either google the weather, or use one of the many sources of aeronautical weather, including METARs. Remember that real world weather forecasts and observations used by real world pilots in real world operations do not always match with real world weather either.
It’s true that in reality it will more closely resemble the Meteoblue forecast, but that is a limitation of reality, not the goal.

1 Like

I can attest to that. Often they are utterly useless.

Most of the time we make fuel decisions based on our experience of different parts of the world at different times of year.

Remember some LH flights can be 14hrs+, so the forecast can be way out by the time you arrive at the destination. It’s all a balancing act and constantly having a Plan B up your sleeve.

2 Likes

So using meteoblue would be as you say one way of googling the weather that you might do in real life, therefore, as I originally said it would be useful if it could be confirmed that time meteoblue forecasts are actually going to be injected into the sim at the correct times. At the moment there is no point googling any real world weather forecasts/metar including those from meteoblue because they are so wildly off what is actually injected into the sim.

As far as clouds, precipitation and visibility go, yes, you can’t rely on METAR, but for wind, temperature and pressure what the current METAR reports is going to be what is injected into the sim. I have tested this extensively, and those three values match current METAR almost every time.

Yeah sure, just none of those things are particularly helpful for flight planning, for example knowing if it will be VFR conditions.

Still no live weather on second flight after entering menu.

Horrible they are not able to fix that

How difficult can it be …

Plane landed
Flight ends
Empty weather cash memory
Reload weather with next flight

Thats a fix that is not to difficult … still this is happening after all this time :partying_face:

From what I can tell from doing a few flights since the update, it has addressed it! :smiley:

The free Meteoblue mobile app is perfect for this. Recommend for tablet.

And I stick to the “load every flight with clear skies then change to Live weather once in cockpit” method. I haven’t checked to see if that’s even necessary any more…

:man_shrugging:

Yes, but unfortunately the sim live weather doesn’t match with the Meteoblue forecasts despite it supposed to be getting the weather data from Meteoblue.

Hasn’t seemed to be in the last two updates.

Still getting clouds that don’t match meteoblue in the sim.

Yeah the weather is way off again this morning, sigh

In the UK and Europe right now it is both completely off both in the depiction on the map and in-game.

Jup not correct at all ( clouds ) at EHAM

Planning map gave totally wrong winds (350 ish) …. So wrong runway selected in game by atc.

Ingame wind was correct ( 210 ish ) but raining slightly ( sunny in rl )

Runway 36c by atc …. But 240 should have been selected

What a mess … how hard to solve ???

1 Like

Wrong @ KORD

METAR
raw mode
10m ago:
Wind 140° 7kt. Visibility 10sm. Light rain. Clouds overcast 6000ft. Temperature 8°C, dew point 4°C. Altimeter 30.09inHg. ASOS station.

MSFS looks like this: