Live weather fix (workaround)

So we are still at this? No fix yet only the workaround? Just checking. I had live preset working great until yesterday and now it’s only through the workaround or Rex real weather… it’s annoying for custom bush trips, you can have real weather only in the first leg then it’s clear skies (and Rex…)

1 Like

Still no fix. And in last month’s Q&A, Seb suggested there was nothing wrong and it was user error. Then Jorg suggested people post videos demonstrating the issue.

There’s a thread in the bug section listed below. If you had said video, it would be great. But a simple vote on that thread would also help raise its visibility.

2 Likes

My live weather always displays few clouds no matter what the live weather status is even if it shows Thunderstorm in the menu when i start the flight it is stuck at few clouds. Always the same clouds everywhere.

Is your weather set to live weather? Or is it set to a preset?

I find the little thumbnail can be way off sometimes.

Also I’m finding live weather now works first time and everytime afterward, no need for the workaround here.

Anyone else seeing this after wu4?

1 Like

Nope. Still roughly 50/50 for me. Works fine for several flights in one session. I’ll restart the game and it’ll stop after the first flight. Good times.

That’s what it’s doing for me as well. On one session, I can have multiple flights with live weather. Restart next time, and I get it on the first flight only.

1 Like

Yet to break like that for me. Hopefully they’ll iron out the last few kinks with the server connections soon.

1 Like

It’s an improvement for me. I’d been without live weather (without using the workaround) since about November, I think. Since the hotfix that was issues after SU3 to fix server connection issues, I now have live weather sporadically. My original hunch was it was server issues. Now I’m 100% convinced it is.

I really don’t think this issue isn’t really much of a priority. It will likely end up getting fixed as a side effect of fixing something else.

I’ve had the live weather bug a long time.

Since I have set my server connection to automatic, it’s gone. Live weather all the time.

That doesn’t work for everyone I was told but it worked for me big time. So if you haven’t tried that, you might want to and I hope it works for you as well.

Fly safe :slight_smile:

Server automatic connection moves me to NA and I live in the EU. Not even that works probably, the system chooses a server with a 200 ping instead of a 23 ping server. So I dont use anything that is automatic in this game, like “real” traffic and “real” weather, does not work for me.

It’s not working for me. Remember that sometimes it may work for you during a session but not the next session.

1 Like

Just bumping this thread because I’ve just started playing online again with other players for the first time in a while and live weather only works for the first session. After that its the old clear skies problem. I thought this was supposed to have been fixed? Its annoying bug.

Not sure where you got the part where it was fixed. The only official acknowledgement (sort of) we got was during a Q&A a few months back where Seb was saying that they couldn’t reproduce the issue and he seemed convinced it was caused by user error vs a bug in the sim.

The best you can do is add your vote to this thread to hopefully get enough visibility on it so that Asobo actually take this seriously.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right live weather is still not working as it should, even when the map menu says the location is thunderstorm, theres not a drop of rain with clear sky but plenty of lightning and thunder sounds. I think what they did was just increase the lightning but toned down the rain a lot.

1 Like

Well, lets face it. If it has not been fixed by august 2021 then it is not a priority for them. Same goes for live traffic…both of those are in my opinion big deal but that is not being shared by fellow simmers.

The live weather has never worked for me properly, when it does it will not work on second flight. So it is either that and restart sim or stay in sim and get no weather.

It sure sound like a simple database bug but I am not a programmer…

I do know that that it is stunning that we still sit here and discuss this in may 2021. I remember the white knighting…“they will fix it”, “cmon it is a new sim they will fix it in the next update”.

If anything is true so far is that this particular problem affect some users and not others…sucks to be the one that is affected by it.

Bottle in the sea… I have a problem, that is not happening always but one day yes one day no. I don’t know if this is in relation with the weather, but in relation with the time in MSFS. That happens on my computer, since on 2021-05-10 (never before, while the two last month, since I installed MSFS). When starting a flight, the time hour switch to 0z and the minutes are kept. Then when the time arrives at 00:59 UTC, the next minute it doesn’t go to 01:00 but 0z. The same in the other way. As if one day is 60 minutes. Trying to put Live time/weather, one second after it the hour is reset to 0 keeping the minutes where they are. FYI, that happens even when I have nothing into Community or even after a full reinstallation. See the phenomenon: https://youtu.be/5nGqGn5AUwU

Have you tried the workaround that I started this topic with?
The live weather bug is still here but the workaround at least stops the need for you to restart the sim to get live weather on subsequent flights.

As of update 1.16.2.0 this week, the Live weather still hasn’t been fixed. Thunderstorm in the main menu willl be displayed in the simulator as clear sky and not a drop of rain or any hint of dark clouds. Another 3GB update dissappointment

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.