Live weather fix (workaround)

My fix was installing Rex Weather Force 2020! :joy: (just a joke, not starting a weather war)

I would recommend using SimBrief for all your flight planning. You can import the flight plan into the sim various ways and it uses real world weather.

1 Like

You’re correct. Departure and destination runways will be selected based on the 225/5 wind when you first load in vs actual conditions once you activate the workaround. I’ve mentioned this shortcoming. earlier in this thread.

This workaround is far from perfect. It gives us dynamic weather. But it introduces its own issues.

If you haven’t already, please go vote for this issue in the bug forum linked below. If you’re able to make a video showing the issue in action, even better.

I haven’t had any problems with Live Weather since I started flying few weeks ago, but after yesterday’s downtime it seems that bug hit me too. I’m flying in Brazil right now, and it’s pretty variable weather there as far I see (rain/thunderstorms) but in my Flight Simulator it’s completely clear sky. And that’s sad. :frowning: Gonna try that workaround.

Workaround indeed works. Thanks! Can it somehow “fix” live traffic too? :smiley: Whenever I use this workaround my live traffic is really lifeful (and it’s indeed “live”, I checked with external website, so it’s not generated on fly). But dunno, maybe it’s just Brazil (never been here before).

I’m glad that it’s working for you too. I’ve been using it since I originally made this forum topic and it’s always worked for me.

I did try going back to the way it is supposed to work after the recent UK world update (just in case they had fixed it) but it still only works on first flight for me if I use that method.

As for the workaround changing the way live traffic works, I can’t say I’ve really noticed, but it may be the case, maybe somebody else can confirm?

That makes absolutely zero sense. The renderer doesn’t care what kind of cable is sent to the monitor.

So we are still at this? No fix yet only the workaround? Just checking. I had live preset working great until yesterday and now it’s only through the workaround or Rex real weather… it’s annoying for custom bush trips, you can have real weather only in the first leg then it’s clear skies (and Rex…)

1 Like

Still no fix. And in last month’s Q&A, Seb suggested there was nothing wrong and it was user error. Then Jorg suggested people post videos demonstrating the issue.

There’s a thread in the bug section listed below. If you had said video, it would be great. But a simple vote on that thread would also help raise its visibility.

2 Likes

My live weather always displays few clouds no matter what the live weather status is even if it shows Thunderstorm in the menu when i start the flight it is stuck at few clouds. Always the same clouds everywhere.

Is your weather set to live weather? Or is it set to a preset?

I find the little thumbnail can be way off sometimes.

Also I’m finding live weather now works first time and everytime afterward, no need for the workaround here.

Anyone else seeing this after wu4?

1 Like

Nope. Still roughly 50/50 for me. Works fine for several flights in one session. I’ll restart the game and it’ll stop after the first flight. Good times.

That’s what it’s doing for me as well. On one session, I can have multiple flights with live weather. Restart next time, and I get it on the first flight only.

1 Like

Yet to break like that for me. Hopefully they’ll iron out the last few kinks with the server connections soon.

1 Like

It’s an improvement for me. I’d been without live weather (without using the workaround) since about November, I think. Since the hotfix that was issues after SU3 to fix server connection issues, I now have live weather sporadically. My original hunch was it was server issues. Now I’m 100% convinced it is.

I really don’t think this issue isn’t really much of a priority. It will likely end up getting fixed as a side effect of fixing something else.

I’ve had the live weather bug a long time.

Since I have set my server connection to automatic, it’s gone. Live weather all the time.

That doesn’t work for everyone I was told but it worked for me big time. So if you haven’t tried that, you might want to and I hope it works for you as well.

Fly safe :slight_smile:

Server automatic connection moves me to NA and I live in the EU. Not even that works probably, the system chooses a server with a 200 ping instead of a 23 ping server. So I dont use anything that is automatic in this game, like “real” traffic and “real” weather, does not work for me.

It’s not working for me. Remember that sometimes it may work for you during a session but not the next session.

1 Like

Just bumping this thread because I’ve just started playing online again with other players for the first time in a while and live weather only works for the first session. After that its the old clear skies problem. I thought this was supposed to have been fixed? Its annoying bug.