Live Weather Reports and Discussion

So is their answer that it’s not actually live weather, but just pulling the forecasts?

That’s…Not live weather. That’s really misleading.

5 Likes

What was fixed?

My weather was not working until today. I switched to the European server and thought that had fixed it, but when I switched back to US server it was still working correctly. It isn’t perfect but it’s 100% better than before, the precipitation and winds are a little wonky but the clouds are close to current conditions.

Was your question on METAR or the Winds Aloft of 225@03?

thats the exact response they gave in the Q&A , word for word.

so… they think the weather is still perfectly fine.

what a joke

2 Likes

All I can say is I am glad I went with the $1 gamepass to try this first. I was going to buy 2 copies, one for me and one for my dad, but after seeing all these bugs that apparently aren’t getting fixed, I am reconsidering even getting a single copy. Such a shame.

I also opened a ticket . KDLN is 5000ft in the Mountains and has 21 C (70 F) right now irl, in the sim it has 41 C (105F). Wind is at 225 with 1kt. The start screen says 7kts at 210. That is also what the tower tells you when you get landing clearance. However the instrument reports it wrong.
Winds aloft your standard 3 at 225, with cozy 36C (97F) at 14000 ft…
I included screenshots. This cannot be right in any case.

1 Like

METAR’s are updated every hour, but not necessarily at the top of every hour. Pilots can obtain different METARS from several airports that are only a few miles away from each other, which can have significant differences due to thunderstorms, terrain, etc. Clear weather while a Florida thunderstorm is raging outside is not acceptable! I fail to see why the developers don’t have this at the top of the list of things to do (maybe they do). Weather is the reason we fly, the reason we don’t fly, the reason air disasters happen, the reason we fly IFR, etc. So yes, it’s a huge deal! It’s a deal breaker for me right now because the sim is beautiful, and it’s going to get better and better. I guess this is the flight simulating world we have grown to know.

4 Likes

Ok- I think I’ve figured out a potential fix for some of you having trouble with it (edit : it being the live weather) not updating after your first flight. It’s kinda stupid I didn’t try it earlier. Just make sure you’re launching in administrator mode. Unfortunately it looks like (for windows store versions at least) that you cant set this to be a default without a lot of messing about- but it does fix it for me and lets the live weather update properly. So just give that a checkout. Obviously it shouldn’t /need/ this to fix it, but for the meantime hopefully it’ll let people play with the live weather without a problem (it’s worked 100% of the time for me reliably)

4 Likes

What Q&A? You have a link to it?

I just tried running as Admin. (Windows Store/Game Pass Version)

No change. Still loaded up with clear skies and no wind. (Checked METAR for YMML, Clouds at 3000, Showers in Area. World Map showed clouds over YMML)

(Did notice another bug though, Loading YMML, It wouldn’t show me local time. Changed to YBBN and it showed Local and UTC, then selected YMML again and got Local+UTC)

1 Like

Going by their response, they don’t understand the problem. The Live Weather isn’t just not matching, it isn’t loading AT ALL.

Huh, this worked for me too. Still not getting any wind, but I can end the flight and start another one and the clouds will load, at least. What a strange bug.

1 Like

it was in the alpha/beta forum but it appears they have removed it?

hmm i dont show as an alpha insider anymore. perhaps they have punished me for something :slight_smile:

It’s been two days. Get off of it.

1 Like

I just loaded up some tiny Air strip outside of Mexico because the world map showed a Hurricane (or Tropical Low?) - Loaded up and it was overcast, about a minute later the clouds seemed to ‘update’ and got denser and more realistic looking… but winds still shown as 1kt (and around 225º)

1 Like

This is what the weather has looked like for the last (Almost) 3ish hours. A cloudy occasionally rainy system rolling over Denver.

Here’s the in-game where I start right under one of those Blue light rain showers right under Wesminster. I think if you look hard enough you can find a cloud way in the back. :smiley: (Yes Live weather is selected)

MS it’s busted man, stop dodging the issue.

I haven’t seen ANY weather, at all, since Tuesday. I’ve tried EU and NA servers. Restarting game, etc. Nothing helps me. I haven’t seen a single cloud.

Flown today from Denver to Orlando, winds at cruising level are still 225/03 since launch

1 Like

Thanks to the tip from @Pug877 I was able to spawn at various airports around the world and check weather without having to restart the sim every time. Here are countries where winds are present (not a scientific test, just launched the Citation straight up to check the wind vector on the ND at low and high altitudes)

• UAE
  • Greece
  • France
  • UK
  • Mexico
  • Germany
  • Brazil

Here are ones that had constant winds of 3 knots at all altitudes:

• US
  • Canada
  • Japan
  • India
  • Russia

I am going to file a Zendesk ticket later and make it clear that I understand the forecast concept - this wind issue is just a straight up bug.

5 Likes