Live Weather Reports and Discussion

I have not seen any specific posts on surface visibility or smog depiction in the forum yet. Either ways, I think an important feature such as this needs to be highlighted enough so that the developers prioritize fixing this over, say, something like the Stonehenge being a flat texture. My point is further backed by the fact that hardly anyone in the YouTube channels highlighted this as an issue.

3 Likes

Why would you? Live weather isn’t depicting this at all.

I agree. File a Zendesk report.

1 Like

In one of the developer videos they actually discussed pollution and the effect of it on visibility. They said they want to get this in eventually. Maybe create a ticket for this on Zendesk. I think they prioritize tasks based on feedback.

1 Like

I have to agree with a few topics here. The live weather scenario has failed for me, on more than one occasion. Default to clear skies.

1 Like

Here is the evidence of innacurate Winds I have recorded.

Clearly a Windy day, the waves show that wind IS affecting it. However the wind is still 225*/3kts.

223*/2kts at 1000ft AGL there.

226*/3kts at 35400ft still! Upper winds not working. They were reported to be around 52kts from the West.

Ground Winds Reported.

Low winds reported.

High Winds reported.

All winds never changed from around 225*/3kts where it should of been around 10kts at ground level, and over 52kts at High altitude.

2 Likes

You should report this using Zendesk.

2 Likes

Agree, one of the features I miss right now from FSX or P3D I believe is you could set custom weather at different stations manually. Now it just seems like you can only have 1 setting for everywhere when manually adjusting the weather?

2 Likes

Seriously! At this point, this product is incomplete and not as advertised.

3 Likes

This thing about the weather is a complete joke, given how they advertised it

1 Like

I have this problem too , the high level wind only 2-3kts

Absolutely agree. I’m both a rw pilot and meteorologist by training. The depiction of visibility in the sim is not entirely realistic. The atmosphere is just too clean and can see too far in many situations particularly as you stated over cities. The boundary layer haze during anticyclonic or inversion type conditions is simply not evident.

6 Likes

I made a new test today, flying in the TBM from La Rochelle to Chambéry (in France) with Live Weather selected. I compared metars, satellite views (via Ventusky) and Simbrief data of my flight plan (it gave me the winds in altitude).
Results:

• Clouds were correctly depicted all along my trip.
  • Winds (direction and intensity) were quite accurate in cruise, at FL190 (I could check it on the PFD).
  • The main issues are inaccuracy with winds on ground and at low altitudes. The wind suddenly falled from 23 kts to 2 kts passing FL150 in descent and of course on departure and arrival airports.
  • I got a accurate QNH on my departure airport, but not on the arrival. I noticed that, when in live weather conditions, the QNH is set automatically by the sim (I forgot to switch off and on again Live Weather to see if it was also the case at my arrival airport).
    For newbies in aeronautics : when you cannot get the QNH from a metar on an airport, you have to set the altimeter at the altitude of the airport, declared in the aeronautical charts (they are often free for VFR). Then, you may read the actual QNH in the little screen of the altimeter.
    All this to say that the main issues seem to be related to the lack of informations to simulate accurate meteorogical conditions on ground.

For live weather, to set the barometers press B. It does it for you.

1 Like

I tested it, but i doesn’t work on much airports

I haven’t had this problem. The game doesn’t start with live weather by default. Go to the weather icon in the top drop down menu and make sure live is selected inthe top box. It defaults to clear sky in the release I think so select this to live. Then press B to set barometers.

I’m going to copy my post here that I made in another thread

One thing I noticed is if you look at the world map, you can see the cloud coverage and compare that to Meteoblue’s website. For the most part most of it looks accurate, but when you hit the Midwest (Colorado) what shows up in Meteoblue doesn’t show up on the in-game map. So is it just not pulling the right data for certain areas?

Look at these 2 pictures

In the first, you can see where the weather to the southeast has storms, the south west with the hurricane, and northwest with the clouds.

Now compare that to Meteoblue and you see those same weather systems, but the midwest has a bit of action that didn’t show up in the first picture.

2 Likes

This is what I got back after a zendesk report

2 Likes

I just had a look at my zendesk reports and one of them for live weather has now been marked solved. Betting we will see some fixes to live weather when they release the next update.

This is exactly what I got back. But that is not an answer to the non existing live weather. At least I want to have some different weather than only 29.92 and 225/03 which I get everywhere on the world. I have replied at Zendesk that they may try to understand my original question.
Regards
Ralf

1 Like

Seems the weather just randomly stops between flights and you have to restart the game. A friend and I were flying and one has completely different weather than the other in a group flight. Restart solved it for him