Live weather still completely wrong

In the southern UK it’s currently very windy (30+kts at 0 feet) with heavy rain in northern Wales - see radar image below.

I just did a sim flight across the region from Welshpool to Valley at 3000ft and not a drop of rain in the sim and 12kt winds at 3000ft. And yes I did start the session with clear skies and then switch to live weather.

Strangely, jsut as I finally decended into Valley the wind picked up to 43kts in the sim, but no sign of the winds in the previous 45min flight.

It’s hard to see where their stated improvement in the last patches are having any effect.

1 Like

I just took off from Leeds-Bradford and it was pretty much clear skies, saw this post and thought i’d check the actual weather. Supposed to be heavy clouds and rain. Somethings wrong lol.

1 Like

here also!

1 Like

Think I read somewhere that the “Live” Weather is actually 24 Hours behind, so you’re getting yesterday’s weather. Either way it’s not working correctly obviously.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll do the same flight at the same time tomorrow and see what happens…

1 Like

Yep, chose live weather for KIOB and it was thunderstorms when it was actually partly cloudy with no precipitation.

1 Like

Weather in sim seems to be ok in my local area, but it doesn’t even come close to matching what’s being shown on the world map.

1 Like

Maybe we can all do the test of repeating our flights 24 hours later and reporting back here.

Ongoing discussion

1 Like

Of course it’s wrong, they never fixed it

1 Like

Yeah, the weather is a complete mess in spite of them all the time saying this or that has been fixed. I even have REX Weather Force 2020 and that thing isnt accurate. I use both. But the native live weather is wrong like 80% of the time. I use the wind indicator next to my heading indicator in the C208. It always is indicating one speed and direction, the Metar is saying another thing, the wind sock is blowing another direction entirely, and the tower is reporting another different thing. I approach KGJT and bring up the ATIS and it says winds are 35 gusting 40, and I get down to land and they are 3kts. Or ATC will clear you to takeoff in a stiff tailwind. “Wind 260@23, taxi via Alpha to runway 9.”

I doubt this will ever be fixed.

Has anyone actually taken off in clear weather and flew to an area of bad weather and had it change to bad and be accurate? I havent.

1 Like

I would also like to see the weather capability expanded to allow you to choose departure and arrival weather with perhaps random or live weather in between.

This would allow you to practice IMC stuff in a predictable way.

At present it’s either live (currently random) or fixed for the entire world.

But maybe their multiplayer live aspirations forbid them to allow this in their ‘real’ world although I think it is possible as we can already set general static weather to our choice.

At least if the real weather worked reliably and predictably you could choose airports dependent on weather and forecast to practice IMC.

At present it’s just a lottery.

There are many topics regarding Live Weather. To prevent further duplicates, closing this topic.

1 Like