Live weather stops injecting after a certain duration flown / certain time flown

I would bet these two are linked: Weather like pre su7 before 8 AM UK time, photos and videos provided!2 - #219 by Foxhound6050

Something about that time period between 0600z-0700z where the weather is not working correctly, they need to sort this asap.

5 Likes

I have this bug since many months. Again, yesterday and today, liveweather gives no cloud as soons as the flight starts. Wind is accurate however. Frustrating.

Thread related here: Live weather no clouds - #36 by zetruenando

Yeah, this bug is a mess.
I had to buy REX to be able to fly with live weather.

Exactly like last week, at 06:56 UTC, the live weather is broken

1 Like

Experienced this for first time today, weather just stopped loading

2 Likes

just encountered the same bug

I have the same problem for a week, the weather doesn’t load, it’s always clear, including on the world map, no clouds

1 Like

Have you checked the following ?:

• Live Weather is activated in General Options/Data
  • Developers mode is off
  • IPv6 is disabled in your network settings
  • Live Weather is activated in General Options/Data / on
  • Developers mode is off / is off
  • IPv6 is disabled in your network settings / disabled

Thanks for your help, but the problem remains.

1 Like

I wonder if perhaps this issue will go away after the server upgrade tomorrow. if anybody wants to test;
I had this occur on both EDDF-RJTT, and RJTT-KLAX. I had the wall of clouds on RJTT-KLAX, after that only winds and haze were depicted, despite crossing multiple lows which clearly showed overcast on both msfs’ menu screen and on windy.

I’m pretty sure the server update is for the forums only…

Maybe one last thing to try is to change the server you are connected to. After that I don’t see what else to try…
Live Weather server is up as we can see here:

I have noticed that with the live weather disappearing, live players have also disappeared from the sim altogether. The winds, however, are still correct. Can anyone confirm this?

As far as I know you only can change server manually while in multiplayer mode (see other players and be seen by them).
Just did another flight London - Toronto - London in a time frame of 11:00Z yesterday to today 04:00Z (with a restart in Toronto). Clouds work as designed. So definitly a problem between 06:00Z - 08:00Z.
Fingers crossed todays server migration (which according to the announcment should not only affect forums) solves the issue. But I’m sceptical… lets find out tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Hopefully this solve the issue: Redirecting...

2 Likes

I have the same problem, I hope everything will work tomorrow morning.

DementesCorn327
Thank you very much friend, for your prompt help, you were right, the problem is in ipv6, when I turned it off, it still doesn’t work, the PC needed to be restarted to work properly, thank you very much.

2 Likes

Great to hear :slight_smile: ! and good tip for others that have the same issue, computer needs to be re-started after disabling IPv6.

1 Like

Good job we have such helpful community members in such situations where devs leave us helpless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Came here to report this problem as well; just flew from KCHS to KJAX; winds were accurate but no clouds at all.