Live weather stops injecting after a certain duration flown / certain time flown

I’ve had the same problem with clouds disappearing after a few hours in every flight. Clear skies where there should be full of clouds. I’ve been running hours and hours of tests in my community folder by inputting-extracting mods and test flying for hours.
I should also mention that i am in no way expert of any kind.
The last few days and after several long flights (over 10 hours flights) without any live weather problem (at least as far as clouds concerned), i realized that when i don’t use the amazing ship traffic mod, weather works for me. At least for now.
I feel and hope its just a coincidence or a random thing cause i really love this mod and really want to keep using it.
I wanted to write about my experience on this topic but i hesitated cause as i said i am no expert and don’t want to accidentally run to any wrong conclusions.
Cheers.

Even so, I wonder how -RA FEW027 would look like in the sim anyway :slight_smile:

Are you on the Beta?

Don’t bother asking. Was 3 days since you and I (both on beta) asked if the previous posters were on the beta. The others either choose not to read or simply don’t want to put the effort into putting the version they’re using.

3 Likes

No, not in beta. Also turned live weather a few times on and off. Wind and qnh seems to be correct. The only thing is cloud coverage.

Made it to China. 14 hours and 53 minutes.

Weather the whole way. BETA.
Bonus shots:

1 Like

That’s awesome!

looks like the bug is back on the menu guys…

1 Like

No screenshot?

Please don’t take it personally, I just hope you’re wrong. :smiley:

Feel free to share more, I haven’t encountered the issue for several months now. Of course, sometimes there are no clouds for hours of flight - but I always cross-check that with Windy or with weather info on Navigraph and it usually checks-out. I hope you’re wrong. :crossed_fingers:t2:

I also experienced this a few times last week, over the Atlantic. First one happened exactly 0800z, the second one can’t remember. The clouds stopped injecting and were gone for about half an our, but unlike before, they came back again. I have a few screenshots but i’m away from my computer at the moment.

I had only once when weather stop injecting.
But problem that is present for long ago, thunders and rain. I didn’t saw thunder with live weather for very long time.
Other problem with rain. It rains when I spawn at the gate, moment I start pushback, rain stops, or sometimes it rains couple of houndred meters from gate where I spawned.
Also, when I am landing, although METAR shows RA, there is no rain, clouds are present but no rain.
Only flight where I can remember that I had rain at landing is last week. But that is one flight from I don’t know how many where it should be raining.

1 Like

LQSA-EHAM

Here we go again :frowning: … after 1.5 hours … decending to amsterdam … lots of clouds above netherlands in real life … but netherlands is empty. When i am above border with Germany

And a couple of mins later showing north …. Empty

=EDIT=

Just after landing at EHAM clouds popped back in.

1 Like

I had the same thing happen to me a few days ago. Everything was correct except no clouds. I thought this was fixed!!! Live weather is just a disaster zone.

1 Like

I found that having automatic server selection can cause this issue. Since I started choosing a specific online server my live weather has worked well.

1 Like

Had sudden missing clouds and other issues (black screens/terrible LOD) that I did not have the last weeks or moths since this weekend again. At least the LOD problem has been solved after yesterday´s update.

Just had this turn up again, Do we need another fiasco for two weeks?

1 Like

Same here also. Just completed a flight EPWA-LTFM. Departure and enroute were fine but LTFM.
There was no cloud over LTFM, exactly like CAVOK under: LTFM 311420Z 06014KT 9999 SCT026 26/18 Q1010 NOSIG conditions.

Unbelievable. This was one of the biggest problem before. MS, Asobo informed that it has been solved. Now, again we have the same problem. No clouds!

MSFS live weather = DISASTER

Below is the screenshot METAR. No cloud era is back again!

1 Like

It is, indeed, inaccurately represented METAR, but similarly to rain, scattered clouds get rendered progressively. Let’s definitely keep collecting data here, as on my side all is well and I usually fly between 3-7 hours per session.

1 Like

Just saw this for the second time on the same long haul flight across northwestern territories.

then, in just a few minutes later clouds popped back and coverage was like it should

1 Like