Live weather stuck on data from 16th May

Nah, sorry, after ending the flight I rechecked with the in-game world map (the frozen one) and the cloud situation I encountered would also match that depicted situation. So no definite verdict from me.

Have you ever heard of a closed beta test affecting live users and then with no word from the devs? Are Asobo amateurs or a professional gaming company?

1 Like

There were definitely some changes to the servers: First in relation with the 1.15.10 update - which screwed things up totally for 2 days, then according to a forum mod the situation was “synced” with the update. Result was better, but we still had the issue with 12 hours of weather loading in advance (and hence 12 hours missing).

The issues were reported, and things changed again - to the stuck weather we have now. So there’s definitely something going on with the server situation - but if it has to do with beta testing and if the situation will changei for the better on tuesday I have no idea - only hope.

Oh I know about that, reason why my hope is all gone

Followed your steps and tested at my home airport KDDC. Still got the heavy thunderstorms that we had on Monday.

Unfortunately no word from the devs is pretty standard with Asobo - Yes its amateurish but at this point seems pretty much the standard OP for them. I still love the sim but look forward to a day when this kind of stuff stops (might be wishful thinking)

I flew EDDF-LOWW and back yesterday and today I flew EDDF-LOWW again.
I had exactly the same weather. The ground weather at the airport was more or less accurate, at least temperature and QNH where correct, winds within a acceptable range.
However the enroute weather was very wrong. There are strong winds over this part of Europe at the moment. According to the SimBrief flight plan, today I should have had tailwind of 115-135 knots during the flight, but I only had 35-40 knots.
The big picture of the cloud formations was the same as yesterday, but absolutely not matching Satellite imagery.

Because changes to Live Weather are coming with SU4, it is reasonable to speculate that this may involve new additional data in the Live Weather feed that requires SU4 on the client end. Since there is a large cohort of beta testers for SU4, they alone would have access to the new (expanded) Live Weather data.

If this is the case, the existing LW servers may have been locked down to prevent any of the new data being accidentally fed to existing non-beta clients and causing the sim to crash (or worse)

Perhaps this is being done to prevent a repeat of the “Your packages are out of date” fiasco that occurred a few days before the release of WU3 last month.

1 Like

Please check again later or after the current rain moves out - too close to call. If you look right now - there is rain on the radar in the area of KDDC

EDIT: I give up. Finally figured out that the changes I am seeing is part of a weather “loop” the appears to just repeat itself. This is why I thought the weather was updating. Egg on face, but I was trying to figure this out. Sorry anyone who tried this method. Don’t bother! :rage:

1 Like

Well I wouldn’t be surprised with the way Asobo deals with the weather problems lol. Let’s hope for the best, that the sim update changes something.

Still stuck now on the 23rd May. World map still showing live weather for the 17th May just before the eye of the cyclone made landfall in Gujarart

3 Likes

Still no change here
 these are 24 hours apart.

I have been using preset with some minor tweaking to resemble current weather until this is resolved.

I hope this is right. I am tired of having wildly inaccurate “live weather” I am also experiencing weather from May 17th today in game.

1 Like

I switched to using Unreal Weather for the time being.
It comes with the usual METAR based drawbacks, but at least I get more or less accurate local weather that is current instead of a week old.

1 Like

I don’t understand how this issue has not garnered more attention. Are only a few of us affected? Also how many times do we have to tag a member of the community team before we get a response? @Jummivana Even a simple “We know it’s broke” would be a start!

1 Like

Live Weather streaming may have been put on “hold” deliberately in preparation for the release of WU4, but if so, a simple acknowledgment of that by someone in an official position would be a positive move customer-relations wise.

1 Like

If that’s true and the silence is because of the beta test NDA then they really need to rethink things. It can’t go on like this.

1 Like

My thouhgts exactly! I tried to raise some attention over at Avsim multiple times - but nada! Considering how important weather is for simulating flights I would have expected an outcry after 2 or 3 days of weather hibernation. Maybe it’s affecting only a few, or people don’t care and use presets anyway or have gotten so used to the ongoing Live weather shortcomings that they have given up.
Particularly annoying for me is the fact that I was mostly satisfied with Live weather until the 1.15.10 “fix”, as my flights usually took place during the accurate weather period (betw. 0900Z and 2000Z), so I didn’t even notice the “advanced weather” bug and wish they hadn’t fixed anything until they were sure to have the definite solution. Still hoping for tomorrow

yeah live weather is broken again I guess

LIMC 240820Z 09006KT 6000 -RA BKN008 BKN050 13/13 Q1018 NOSIG

For me, the same has raining over Poland for several days, weather without any changes.