Livery Discussion | Discuss Liveries Here!

If anyone would care to do it, I would like an Eastern Airlines livery for the A320 in the classic hockey stick design. Eastern never flew the A320 but they did fly the A300. Thanks

1 Like

You wouldn’t happen to have one for the King Air 350i would you?

Not yet, but I will try to make ‘em tomorrow, will post here & tag your name so you’ll get a heads up when it’s done.

1 Like

:taiwan: 1-2 Weeks depending on how busy I get or if you all behave badly on the forums.

5 Likes

Thanks! Been trying to put my company’s livery into the sim and can’t make sense of the dds files without some sort of UV map to figure out what parts are what, and I’ve never gotten the hang of Blender.

1 Like

Not sure if this the right place to ask or not, But I’ve been working on a Civil Air Patrol C172, and I can’t get it to load into MSFS. I understand that we can’t make liveries for the “Steam Gauge” 172, but I’ve tried adding my paint to the G1000 and over writing the default “Steam Gauge” aircraft.

I get all of my hard work to show up, by over writing, however it is still covered up by the Livery colors. I even tried deleting those files, only to get the the same outcome but with white instead of the default colors.

2 Likes

Hi pilot who can made a liverie A 320 of air Algérie AH it was great thank you :pray:

who is the best of the liveries directors and who could make the texture air Algeria Ah That I miss without getting any results :pray:

The way of installing liveries sucks. They should find an easier solution.

1 Like

Just finished creating the KingAir UV maps, enjoy:

Fuselage

Tail

Wings

Engines

Decals

7 Likes

Nice airfield. Where is located?

Hi all,

I’m facing a little issue when trying to install liveries and/or mod. I have no livery available in the game, nor the A320 mod I tried to install.
Of course, I checked the folder where I paste the subfolders: F:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-3532676638-1946159854-1743381637-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\

I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the game, without any success. Does anyone has an idea of what I missed?
I have purchased this game from Microsoft Store.

Thanks in advance!

so if you download something and unzip the file
 how do you copy the folder into the community folder ? Because normally it should work and I got the game from Microsoft

@Grinde81, Thank you for doing this! Can you share your process for making these? I added the default COMP / NORM files to layers in photoshop and played around with the settings. Or was this done in Blender / 3DS Max?

End of the path is: “Packages\Community\liveries-152\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_C152” for example.
Same for mod (“Packages\Community\A32NX”)

I think I follow the different tutorials I could found here or on Youtube

Hi,

Any change for a complete UV-map for the TBM-930? Trying to paint the wings, still hunting for a lot of parts.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Marcel

Well, I can’t help you there because normally it should work 

Just finished there, hope it helps!
And just a recommendation, if you’re using photoshop, put the UV as a layer on top, with blend-mode Multiply, while painting on layers below it.

Fuselage

Details

5 Likes

Any one working in VIVA AEROBUS Livery? im trying to create it, but dont know how to adjust the tail.

1 Like

Glad to help, sure thing! Although I’m afraid this won’t be much of help unless you’re somewhat familiar with the Blender interface

I use Blender plus the MSFS glTF import plugin . Then I import the model, go into UV-edit mode, select all objects and switch to edit mode. Make sure all faces are unselected, and then go into the materials tab, and chose which material you want UVs for, then hit “Select” to highlight all faces of that selected material (i.e. Fuselage / Wings / Tail / Decals and so on)
After this, in the UV window, click the UV menu bar and select the bottom item “Export UV Layout”. This will open an image save dialogue, make sure to set image dimensions to 4096 x 4096, as 1024 is the default option. Then select a filename and save. After this I open the saved png in photoshop and create a white layer below the uv map, since the uv layer is semi-transparent.
(I do this to prevent positional displacement in case the UV doesn’t fill the whole image, when copying and pasting it on top of the texture I want to edit)

Hope this helps!

3 Likes