Local Legend II: Fokker F.VII

Good summary I think.
We will see whether there will be any fix within 1-2 weeks. If not then this aircraft was waste of time.

1 Like

Hi was someone able to download the QRC for the Fokker F. VIIb Southern Cross/Josephine Ford/Friendship? The link on the Manuals page seems to be broken, it looks like that: ā€œhttp://Fokker F.VIIb SC_Josephine_Friendship QRCsā€ (also with the spaces inbetween ā†’ that canā€™t workā€¦)
Can some one check if this is a universal problem or only on my end? - Thanks!
However I could download the manual for the

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

6 Likes

Personally, I always appreciate that an airplane comes with its manual, but a little taste in its design is also appreciated.

In the Fokker you can see a design work by ORBX, but in the Junkers, the design is unfortunate. It just doesnā€™t existā€¦

Odd most vendors offer full refunds now up to two weeks and or certain usage period even in the US and Canada. Microsoft is always behind on policy and let other companies dictate it so I am not surprised. I did a few purchases on the Marketplace but itā€™s terrible. The military plane policy on here is even worse. If you arenā€™t on XBOX I recommend purchasing directly from the vendor. Then again some of these vendors do not have refund policy either so make sure to check first. Either way I hope you get a refund and Microsoft please wake up.

(post deleted by author)

7 Likes

Maybe I am naive. I expected polished model when Fokker is not so complex aircraft. And after PMDG DC-6 fiasco I expected they will double check Fokker for basic errors.
But it is shame. Even for arcade playing it is full of bugs.
It is shame even for 15$

1 Like

And money, donā€™t forget money.

Time is more than money!!! At least for me.

Into the blue is really good, he knows his onions, that guy. I follow him on YouTube.

Definitely agree with your point. If more people exercised a bit of patience instead of impulse buying then whinging about it after the fact, it might help to improve quality.

2 Likes

It was certainly underpowered however it wasnā€™t this underpowered.

The target_performance.cfg file states a maximum of 300bhp for the Orbx model which isnā€™t correct for the F.VIIa/1ms. They were built with differing engines ranging from 360bhp to 480bhp. It certainly may have been underpowered but it was never powered by a 300bhp engine as the Orbx aircraft seems to be. Which would account for the underpowered nature of the model.

1 Like

Iā€™m really intrigued about the model and the aircrafts history (before release I was sure I was gonna buy it), but I, too, will hold out until it improves. Iā€™ve had moderate fun with the JU 52, but it still bugs me that it has so much unfulfilled potential. I guess I will reassess this bird when the bugs are squashed

1 Like

Although I enjoy this aircraft, fixing these issue would really help and are very much needed. These should be patched at the very minimum.
I hope the devs are reading whatā€™s posted.

3 Likes

The problem is not those that purchase but rather the lack of any developer updates and feedback. I have purchased other aircraft that has had fantastic developer interaction and improvements. So the issue is with Asobo and their lack or willingness to adequately address issue/functionality with their products.
This will lead to people like myself no longer purchasing some of this content, which is sad really

6 Likes

There were hundreds of posts in the Ju-52 thread at release with people insisting the flight model was fine, even suggesting the videos of it lifting off in ~50 feet were faked by anti-Asobo trolls who hate MSFS.

1 Like

No issues here with this model. Looks fantastic a pure delight.

1 Like

This is a known and documented issue that will be fixed in a future update. See here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fokker-f-vii-available/494575

• All variants: The Fokker fuel burn rate is being adjusted. At present it has great range and endurance.

It is known and documented probably from release. But when it will be fixed?
Bugs for JU-52 are known and documented for several months. But still without any update or fix.

2 Likes

Guys I normally do watch videos before buying but Iā€™d had a hard day with surgery that day and I trusted then to do a plane that was at least worth $15. Also the last two items I bought from marketplace that were bad I got immediate refunds accepted on so I thought Iā€™d be fine.

Iā€™ve hit that two refund policy a while ago and have been burned by a declined third request. Without any clear policy I wonā€™t take any chances regarding shoddy track records. Thank you brave people for giving this addons a try and reporting. :pray:

5 Likes