Location of Splash Screen - Loading Screen - Carousel in MSFS

11: Ramberg, Fredvang, Norway :norway:

12: Los Angeles, California, USA. Over Bell Gardens and Downey, looking east toward San Bernardino Valley. :us:

13: Cascais, Portugal :portugal:

14: Stuart Highway near Lake Woods (left side), Northern Territory, Australia :australia:

15: Donegal, Ireland :ireland:

16: Isla Culebrita, Puerto Rico - east of Isla De Culebra :puerto_rico:

17:

18: Tsaratanana, Madagascar - Menazomby River, North East of FMNT :madagascar:

19: Prypjat River, Ukraine - southeast of Chernobyl :ukraine:

20: Green Island, Off the Coast of Cairns, Australia :australia:

3 Likes

21: Sydney Tower, Sydney Harbor Bridge, Sydney Oprea House, Downtown Sydney Australia :australia:

22: Lough Leane, Ireland :ireland:

23: Parc Naturel Régional de Carmargue, France :fr:

24: Château de Quéribus, Southwest France :fr:

25: Vianden Castle, Luxembourg :luxembourg:

26: Pena National Palace, Portugal :portugal:

27: Dead Dunes, the Curonian Spit, Lithuania :lithuania:

28: Mont Blanc, Charmonix, France :fr:

29: Grand Prismatic Spring, North of Old Faithful Geyser, Yellowstone National Park Wyoming USA :us:

30: Is this also the dock at Momella Lakes, Tanzania? :tanzania:

Just to repeat from a few posts up!

I am very interested in the “geo-guessing” of these locations in the sim. It’s a fun hobby although I am no pro like some folks online. Where they can find a house or road from a single frame of a movie.

I have started to compile a few of these images and would like everyone to pitch in to help find these locations! I have a feeling we are going to get an update soon, that will add a title to these images… So let’s find these ones while it’s still a mystery!
I think we can all agree these images most likely come from landing challenges, bush trips, and other activities. As well as around landmarks and POIs. Some are easier than others! Some are almost impossible to know with how little information is offered up visually!

This is the other thread that has my attention these days if you want to follow along with other FlightSimmers Screen shots from around the world.

4 Likes

21 = Sydney, Australia (definitely)

Thanks for the comment about the guessing thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

9 is in New Zealand. Glenorchy, up the lake from Queenstown

2 Likes

the lower one is the Simpson (I think) Desert in Australia.

3 Likes

Do you know where #18 is? I like the colors.

1 Like

@Nataniel012 Not yet… still searching! Maybe Australian Outback? Maybe North Africa on the Nile? Somewhere in the US southwest along the Colorado river?

2 Likes

2: Monte bianco italy
10: Eiger switzerland

2 Likes

@DragonSpore52 Good eye spotter!

Every time I load the sim I see a new loading screen image I haven’t seen before! I’ve capped my collection at 30. I know someone has referenced the config files before not having specific names, but do we know how many images there are total? :laughing:

1 Like

No 24 is Chateau de Queribus, one of the Cathar castles in Languedoc, south west France.

And No 26 is the Pena National Palace in Portugal.

Architecturally, I think No 25 is German or Austrian but not been able to place it yet…

2 Likes

Perfect! Great work!

I was just looking for this one in my palace/castle hunt! Updating the list now…

2 Likes

Thanks, it was made easier by the fact that Queribus is one of my favourite castles so I was quite pleased when I saw it appear the first time.

2 Likes

Good work here. Someone should be able to identify 16, 22 and 25. The rest are tough!

1 Like

Just worked out that 25. is Vianden Castle, Luxemburg.

24, 25, and 26 were all POIs in their respective World Updates, which might help to narrow some of the others down…

2 Likes

@PipsPriller I agree… from my post earlier.

2 Likes

Got another one. 29 is the Grand Prismatic Spring, North of Old Faithful Geyser, Yellowstone National Park Wyoming USA

Also correct me if I’m wrong but is 30 the same dock at Momella Lakes, Tanzania that @Steeler2340 posted? Just a different angle with no wildlife and Kilimanjaro in the background?

1 Like

I’m also thinking #27 is somewhere between Corpus Christy Texas and South Padre Island, Texas, USA…

1 Like

N. 23 is in Camargue, France, looking towards Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer

3 Likes

N. 8 is Crater Lake, Oregon, USA

3 Likes

I am 99% sure it is. The animals are not in the picture because they would be on the right-hand side of the jetty.

Not sure what happened to the birds (flamingos?) though :wink:

2 Likes