Location of Splash Screen - Loading Screen - Carousel in MSFS

Can anyone tell me which airport is that:

@Hester40MT :point_down:

1 Like

Calling :phone: @Theduck38 and @Shack952514 :smiley:

1 Like

I think that one has already been covered.

1 Like

Thank you. Appreciate that.

2 Likes

Late to the party:

#16 Isla Culebrita, Puerto Rico - east of Isla De Culebra
#19 Prypjat River, Ukraine - southeast of Tschernobyl, where it joins the Dnjepr River

4 Likes

Good eye! @MrAngryBates
Iā€™ll have to check these out in the sim later! Thanks for the additions! :blush:

2 Likes

Some hints for #18 #36 #38 #42. All those shots were in one of the Around The World Trailers:

#18 Tsaratanana Massif, Madagascar - probably Sambirano River soutwest of Maromokotro Mountain

#36 Marsabit National Park, Kenya - there is a very similar shot in the AtW-Trailer for Africa, Giraffesā€¦

#38 Greenland, Denmark - hard to guess the exact location :wink:

#42 Mount Kenya, Kenya - first shot of the AtW-Trailer for Africa

Probably you should dig through all the Trailers to find the rest. So many stunning and breathtaking locations. (Virtual) Earth is such a beautiful place!

3 Likes

Outstanding job @MrAngryBates!! I was looking for #18 quite a bit, mainly in Madagascar, but couldnā€˜t find it. You should consider participating in the ā€žguess where?ā€œ game.

3 Likes

@MrAngryBates
Iā€™ve been double checking some of these and Iā€™m not quite sure #18 is in that area of Madagascar. Iā€™ve searched from Sambirano and down the Sambirano River all the way to the location Tsaratananamassief and Maromokotro Mountain. Itā€™s all way too green and even the parts that are red donā€™t have the notable valley in the distanceā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s definitely hard to pin down exactly. The area is quite large and there are several river beds with lesser vegetation (Mahavavy and Manambato Rivers) further north that all look the same.

Also the peak of Mount Kenya doesnā€™t look like itā€™s RL counterpart. But this could be because of low DEM resolution.

But Iā€™m 100% sure about #16 #19

3 Likes

Yeah youā€™re right. Some of them need some further searching.

1 Like

#18 is a headache. I flew a trip around the region today. There are areas that perfectly match color, sparse vegetation and riverbed, but I couldnā€™t find the exact same location.

#36 is a bit odd, because there are no Giraffe POI in Kenya in the Sim, although the Trailer clearly states Marsabit, Kenya. Maybe it was pre-release and they removed them. There are 3 locations with Giraffes in Ethiopia, but the surroundings donā€™t match.

And I can confirm #42. Itā€™s indeed Mount Kenya, the peak is partially hidden in the clouds in the Splash Screen. Here is a shot I did today:

3 Likes

I agree, this oneā€™s been doing my head in for quite a while. I wonder why itā€™s that hard. Iā€˜m starting to think that the place name given in the trailer is wrong or the imagery has been updated in that region. Strange.

1 Like

Yā€™allā€¦ this one is a brain worm. Iā€™ve also been searching for #18 for months. As well as number one on my list.

I thought #18 (Madagascar) was in the US around Monument valley / Mexican hat / Moab area. Wasnā€™t even paying attention to the preview trailers! I was only considering landing challenges, points of interest, and other notable in game areas.

Search continues :mag:

1 Like

Just one out of probably some dozen locations in an area covering hundreds of square miles, that look like #18: Bing Maps - Directions, trip planning, traffic cameras & more

This is a needle in a haystack. Iā€™m tempted to accept itā€™s somewhere in northern Madagascar. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Guys I believe Iā€™ve found the location of the elusive screenshot #18!

We were thrown off by the ā€œTsaratanana Massifā€ thing. Apparently there are many places called Tsaratanana in Madagascar, and this one is a village way further south, with a dirt strip whose ICAO code is FMNT.

The screenshot location is a few miles to the north east of the airstrip, in the valley of the Menazomby River, at coordinates 16Ā° 41ā€™ 11,31" S 47Ā° 42ā€™ 46,58" E or -16.6863889S, 47.71277777777778E decimal.

6 Likes

Well look at that! :smiley:

4 Likes

Well, thatā€™s it. Fantastic! And itā€™s way more to the South than I was searching for.

1 Like

This leveas #1 #6 #12 #17 (#30) #32 #36 #38 still open. :wink:

2 Likes

Number 12 is in Los Angeles, taken over Bell Gardens and Downey looking east towards the San Bernardino Valley with Mt. San Gorgonio and San Jacinto Peak in the background. Since the image is zoomed in, itā€™s not that easy to make out specific landmarks, but there are some clearly identifiable buildings, for example, the cluster of white lights at the bottom of the image is the Bell Gardens Sports Center and the larger white flat building at the lower right is the Home Depot in Downey.

2 Likes