LOD > 2.0 + true Ultra Setting - is it possible after the ultra setting bug?

I am not toggling anything.

I just set the UserCfg.opt file, make it Read Only
and go fly and enjoy the scenery and flight.

Why would you toggle the settings that you just set in the user config?

2 Likes

Ultra is a preset configuration, if you leave the user config to say ultra and change those values you’re giving the sim opposing instructions, no it’s fault.

OK Gotcha :ok_hand:

Just out of curiosity, why have you set windowed and fullscreen both to 1 in your as shown in your useropt.cfg.
Does this not give a Black screen or freezes the sim up?

No crashes or anything?

Odd though, I should mess with that and see what happens?

I guess a lot of you on this thread don’t understand what the OP is saying. Check this out and it will answer your question. Right now, usercfg.opt is useless if you toggle Ultra–>Low–>Ultra to get around this bug:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bug-logged-settings-do-not-stick-since-su5/432211?u=buddywoof3669

I took a flight today with:

range 850nm
forest landscape
partially cloudy weather

CFG config / read only

LOD 6
Preset: Custom / ULTRA
5120x1440
RTX 3090

Performance was progressively reduced throughout the flight.

In the middle of the range it was already impossible to rotate the camera in the external view. the FPS reduced to below 10.

There is only a decent FPS in the cockpit or with a static external camera.

I will try again tomorrow with LOD 4.

I think i haven’t seen it in mine but the option 0 means off and 1 means on in this section
While at monitor 0 it means default or main monitor. And texture settings maxanisotrophy 16 is the highest setting but the quality below that means i think 0 is off and 1 should be on.
Supersampling 3 is 6x6.
As far as i understand this file and how to read.

Please correct me if i’m wrong.

0 is 6x6 1 is 8x8

I imagine 2 is 16x16 ect?

Good question, is there a 16X16 super sampling?

OK now I’m not sure, changing between 6x6 and 8x8 changed nothing?

16x16 is not possible for supersampling i belief, but then it should be multisample as 0 or 2x2 as 1 or 4x4 as 2 or 6x6 as 3 or 8x8 as 4, but if they mend on reverse than it should be the other way around like multisample as 4 or 2x2 as 3 or 4x4 as 2 or 6x6 as 31or 8x8 as 0

But multisample is not in the game this is select in graphics card config.

I did get the Windowed mode straightened out, by using the game settings and not editing the config, apparently I messed it somewhere with no ill effects?

1 Like

You’re running 3840x1973 based in the devmode box. This is just shy of 4K. Must be some weird monitor scaling.

As for other comments, since there appears to be confusion: setting the Ultra preset will ignore any custom LOD value you enter. You must use the Custom preset to change the LOD above 2.

You may be able to fix deteriorating performance in flight by toggling real time traffic OFF and then ON again (if you have it ON to start with)

I think he runs the game in windowed mode and resized it than you get these scalesetting
Thats why in the useropt.cfg is windowedresolution and fullscreenresolution.
The primaryscaling and secondaryscaling are the ones responsible for scalesettingslider of the
Screenreolution probaly like fullscreen to primary and windowed to secondary.

I’m totally into this new setting now LOL, every day it changes.

NYC is a madhouse today, everyone has a case of the goofies.

But I’m just loving the detail on the bridges and fair frames for where I am, everything just up a smidge.

Makes no sense.
The problem with this thread.
40 thousand responses.

Total confusion.

He could be indicating his settings were custom but they were all set to ultra (or better)