Logbook not logging

The fact that this post was opened back in Dec 2020 and we’re still replying to it says a lot…
I don’t hate all the SU and WU content but it’ll be nice if they could fix this fundamental stuff…
For me the sim has been stable and issue free for a while after that cloud save incident last year (where most ppl lost their cloud saves) and here I am, having another server-sided issue which I can’t do anything.

1 Like

I have the same problem as you

my flights have not been logged since May 26

1 Like

I just noticed that my flights have not been logged since May 26, though I spent several 40 hours in the air since then. The flights in the log after I complete the flight, but when I restart the sim, they are gone. In the same manner, the world map doesn’t remember my recent departures and arrivals.

2 Likes

Still the same on Series S - since couple of month I have 480 h logged not more. The frustrating part: I fill a excel file with my flights since I started using MSFS and there I have nearly 1000h logged.

Means at least more than 50% of flights are not logged within the SIM - there are a lot of reports concerning this logbook issue but I didn’t find any of them marked with tag „bug logged“ so my hope this get fixed are quite low.

1 Like

The only solution is to delete the personal data on the game server. I have deleted 1360 hours of flight logs and started recording new logs again.

Not possilble.
I’ve got 1623 hours and 42/43 Achievements unlocked for the game.
If you delete your cloud saves not only all your flight hours/flight lessions progression /landing challenges progression will be gone, but also all your “in-game” achievement progress will be gone as well.
I’m not going to delete my save to fix something which is clearly not my fault.
Asobo needs to figure this one cuz it’s clearly a server sided issue.
I’ve tried reinstalling the game and playing it on Xbox but non of the solutions I’ve tried will fix this issue.

5 Likes

Can I just leave a comment here? No other way to appeal? solve this problem?

No solution as of 2022-06-17. My Steam version MSFS is working fine but MS Store version still won’t save the flight after restarting the sim. Flight hours stuck at 1623 hours and won’t go up.

2 Likes

No solution as of 2022-07-05. My MS Store version still won’t save the flight after restarting the sim. Flight hours stuck at 988 hours and won’t go up.

I seem to be having issues with tracking the number of airports landed at. Out of the past 10 flights, one 1 airport has tracked. They are all in the log book, but neither the profile nor achievement for landing at 500 different airports is tracking new landings.

My loogbook is also not properly logging flights. I see random entries but the system seems to miss most of the starts and landings I perform. Last entry is 2 weeks old. It has been like this for months now. Would be great to have the logbook cover all starts and landings.

2 Likes

It’s been a while and as expected the issue is still happening on my end.
I really hope this issue could be fixed in the upcoming SU10.

Same problem , I remember one time (at band camp) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: you turned off the engine and “my log book” would popup and give a option to continue or end flight. What happened to that? Also doesn’t log many hours I’ve spent flying.

I’ve enrolled in SU10 Beta and not a surprise, it’s still not fixed.

Just to clarify the issue we’re having:

This is NOT CAUSED BY DEV MODE!!!
Dev mode is turned off at all times.

You launch the sim, do a flight, the logbook window pops up after shutting down the engine and the hours are correct.
Then you close the sim and launch it again, the previous flight is gone in the logbook.

Your flight logs are stuck at a specific flight and any flight beyond that one WILL SHOW UP once you completed a new flight BUT IT’LL BE GONE upon RESTART the sim.

BOTH PC and XBOX Version WILL HAVE THIS ISSUE.
I’ve tried to do a flight in XBOX Cloud version but the issue stays the same.

1 Like

There’s a interesting theory regarding the total number of logbook entries could be the reason for the logbook issue mentioned in the other post:

OP said he has 2508 entires and his logbook stopped logging new flights.
I’m stuck at 2600+ entires so it could be very possible that the server stop receiving/uploading logbook entries after certain amount of total logbook entries you have in your logbooks.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I searched for files in “%localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs” based on the date the log stopped and found a file with 16,777,215 bytes.
I think this is the upper limit for 32-bit variable types, so any postscripts after this are invalid.
In the game, new flights are appended because the variable type is higher than that, but when the logbook is saved, the data after 32 bits is discarded, so I think new records are lost when the game is restarted.
I think that changing the variable when saving the logbook to a 64-bit type will solve the problem.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

I think the bit was wrong but most likely due to the file size limitation.

You used my report in another thread as if you had discovered it yourself.
Well, that’s OK.

Are you aware if this will ever be resolved? In addition to a limitation of entries I’m also never showing the next level as indicated on the screenshot.

1 Like

I have the same challenge. Last entry on the 07/06/2022. Stuck on 358 hours and when I complete another hour it shows 359 but then when I start a new session it reverts back to 358hrs. Interesting activities register as completed even the +1700 nm of the Baulkan bush trip which reads 100% complete, but shows 0% complete in the achievements section of the log. Would welcome a fix.

• List item
1 Like

Ticket submitted. Will update when I hear back.

2 Likes