Longterm for XBox

I just got the chatpad as well for my controller and it works great! So now I have Hotas\controller-chatpad\wireless mouse and can control the cockpit quite well. Love being able to bind more controls with the chatpad as well, pretty slick. I just picked up the Islander and flew it around the Caribbean, fun little plane to fly.

2 Likes

They really should prepare some kind of statement with the next live Q&A.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it just be lovely if they just got on here and said something in the forum? Is it that difficult to do so?

It’s evident that this is a substatial issue and that solving it will likely involve efforts from both Asobo and MS. Probably hard to pin down a date for the arrival of the fix, especially when it involves an update to the Xbox OS.

For me, it’s less about the date and more about the acknowledgment and reassurance.

Are you saying the 170 is worse on PC compared to the Xbox?

Yes it does appear that it’s too much to ask for to get a statement. Hurray for customer service

In my poorly worded bassackwards way, yes, it looks worse on PC.

Well, on my PC…

1 Like

Thats what a date would be.

No, for me, it is an acknowledgment that, “we recognize the issues” and, “we are formulating/have a plan to address it.”

No date.

3 Likes

It’s getting beyond a joke when I called out the moderators for lack of escalation of certain concerns back really early of this thread and nothing really came of it. Oh boy, I certainly triggered a quick response from one saying that a community manager has been notified. Then we get what can easily be interpreted as a “Generic Corporate PR Speak” type response that still doesn’t really fully address the issues.

A long way of not addressing the situation at all in order to get plausable deniability I suspect so we can’t say they haven’t made a statement. This is NOT a good look is it? When we did get the response, I admit I was shocked and a slight glimmer of hope appeared. I soon kicked my critical and skeptical thinking part into gear as I’ve seen these types of responses time and time again. It’s people like us that have a duty to keep em honest as many people stay quiet even when they’re clearly being wronged.

Yo, @RandyFlagg9653 did you say that you have some of the Dreamscenery Night Enhanced packs?

If you do, do they work without issue? I love night flying and I’m tempted, but I don’t want to enter the gates of CTD Hell!

Here’s the deal,

I only have the Ft. Lauderdale to Key West Night Enhancement
I have Miami INTL, Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood and Key West payware Airports
Alongside these I have AREX, Seasons, Airport Textures plus Bijans new projects add on which has a couple touch ups in these areas.

This is my most detailed area clearly and it works great, I have noticed that a small handful of lights do flicker but it’s totally within reason and worth it. It will amaze if you’re using HDR, a jaw dropping area covered as all the Keys get illuminated to.

@tgbushman speaks highly of both Chicago and NY enhancements as well, grab one and let us know what you reckon. I’m keen on getting a few others soon.

I’ve been summoned via email… lol

Chicago and New York and London all work with their associated landmarks packs, BUT you can’t take off near them if you have the pack and the night lighting running at the same time. However, you CAN fly around them all you want by starting you flight far enough away. For example, to see Chicago I can fly from Chicago Executive. To see New York City with both running, I take off for an airport in Long Island.

Asobo has detailed on the bug that generates the CTD. Once they fix it, you will be able to take off from KORD and fly around Chicago. When that will be, I have no idea, because they didn’t even allow me to keep my posting in the bug section where it could be voted on, it was moved twice to some obscure place no one will pay attention to.

2 Likes

Ok, so I’m safe if I have the night enhancements without the landmarks or vice versa.

Got it!

Yep, you can run one like it was a Bijan season pack type thing, or run both but take off a ways from them

completely agree with you,

now, we are well into the New Year - with a comprehensive thread here containing lots of Xbox feedback…

it makes a huge difference to all of us when there is some official information from the MFS team!

So NY, Chicago and London are the only ones you know of that have issues?

Any duplicate will have the FLY button issue. So Rome landmarks and the Rome night lighting would to, as well as Paris and Singapore.

Remember, it’s a duplicate when the Content Manager list is read that causes the CTD. But again, if you want to fly with both, since the night lighting just adds new light sources to whatever is there, until the bug is fixed, just start your flight a little ways away, or make sure you are only running one of them at a tume

It sounds like because the landmarks have their own lights, adding more would confuse it straight away. Only when you start from a distance out, it somehow suddenly figures out what to do. Like adding 1 layer at a time progressively rather than sticking 2 layers together then slamming it on the table.

No, it has nothing to do with getting confused with the rendering. The CTD happens when you hit FLY, nothing has been rendered yet. But I’ve flown the three with both packages running. It’s fine. These are light. Light you can see through. There is no rendering issue because even in one addon, you could have two different spotlights aimed at one point, and it should just make that point a little brighter.

The other thing is, say you only had the night package running. But you accidentally turn on a duplicate somewhere in Germany. You aren’t even near that, it you will still get a CTD. It’s the presence of a duplicate in the list that is the source of the issue. I assume they must be using a Hash instead of a List (data structures). A hash is a key value pair, versus a list is a collection. Lists can have duplicates, hashes cant

1 Like