Looking for a standard steam gauge Cessna 172

Ok, if this is the kind of response I can expect from this site then I am sorry I even joined…

Whats the thing you want to know exactly?
The Saitek panels are „generic“, they dont represent a specific type of avionics. You can use the saitek radio panel just fine with the Steam gauges C172. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way to apply the improved FM of the C172 G1000 with CFD and new prop model to the Deluxe Steam Gauge C172?

Yes, look into the WB-SIM C172 Classic “Near study level” improvement mod , when it gets release, ( hopefully after SU10)

4 Likes

The stock Cessna 152 is probably a better match for the Saitek radio panels, if you’re looking for something with a pre-GPS feel. It’s lighter but also less powerful than the 172, though, and the stock version has no autopilot.

Of course you can always just use the external panels with the G430 or even G1000, even if it looks funky on-screen. :wink:

1 Like

Really hyped for this :+1:t3:

I’m sorry you feel offended. I said right up front that I didn’t understand what you are asking, and answered it as best I could per my understanding…

1 Like

Would someone do me a kindness and tell me what the 172 with steam gauges is called in the content manager?
I have the deluxe version but I do not have all the default aircraft installed. I would like to install the “steam” 172 and no other, What 172 should I be looking for in the Content Manager?

In the content manager the steam gauge version of the 172 is a subcategory of the “deluxe upgrade” and comes up as “cessna 172 skyhawk” Mine is labeled version 0.1.80 at 476.89 MIB.

1 Like

Well you can. The Just Flight Warrior II :smiley: :smiley:

May not have been available at the time of this post, not sure. This is a very necro thread that someone has revived.

1 Like

Don’t count out the Warrior… its awesome.

1 Like

Unfortunately not, but I am still interested, just in case someone wants to send me a PM. thanks

Super retro thread.

The answer these days is buy the following three items:

1. premium deluxe giving the Asobo steam c172
  2. Just Flights c172 classic improvement mod
  3. Boris audio works c172 sound package

Putting all three together will make an awesome package if your into the c172.

2 Likes

Just a couple of points about this:

The 172 classic improvement mod is made by WBSims, Just Flight just happens to be the store it is sold on. The reason I mention this is because WBSims is making a huge name for himself as also the new developer of the freeware 152 (on flightsim.to) along with the original developer JPL. If you have flown the 152 you know just how a good a developer he is.

The Boris Audio Works 172 sound package is now 50% off on both Simmarket and OrbX, for the next five days. Incidentally, Boris’ SR22 sound package is also on 50% sale on both stores.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up of 50% on the Boris sound works!

1 Like

Friends, good day to all. Tell me please. On the steering wheel of the cessna there is a button to turn off the autopilot / trimmer. Which button is it bound to by default? I have already experimentally assigned a button to different commands in the autopilot settings menu, but I have not found which command corresponds to this button on the steering wheel!

Autopilot Disconnect I believe is what you are looking for

Is this the one that is bound to the letter Z in the default settings on the keyboard? I checked, but when you press the Z button, the autopilot turns off, but there is no animation of pressing this button on the steering wheel. In theory, if the button is correctly assigned in the settings or on the keyboard or on the joystick. Then when it is pressed, the animation of pressing in the cockpit should be displayed correctly, but this does not happen!

It is a bug. Here is an old thread about it.