Low bandwidth Message - Connection Lost - Switched Offline

I hope it’s something like that and it goes away on it’s own (or after they fix the issue on the server), but it’s quite annoying having it pop up 20 times during a flight. It reconnects immediately but not without a pop up every time. Sometimes when landing, which is extremely annoying.
Decided to try restarting by router, but not recommended mid flight as FS CTD’d mid flight.
Still have the issue though to varying degrees. It’s not my broadband as the internet is accesible the whole time with no drops.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Brief description of the issue:

Getting persistent “bandwidth too low” messages despite speed test results telling me my internet speeds are 1000/40

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://imgur.com/a/FjUvILJ

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Tried restarting PC, clear rolling cache, restarted the router, reinstalled FS2020.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

RTX 2080ti, i9 9900k, 32GB RAM 3200MHz, Thrustmaster T16000M

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

FS2020 1.25.9.0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

No.

Getting persistent “bandwidth too low” messages despite speed test results telling me my internet speeds are 1000/40

https://imgur.com/a/FjUvILJ

Tried restarting PC, clear rolling cache, restarted the router, reinstalled FS2020.

RTX 2080ti, i9 9900k, 32GB RAM 3200MHz, Thrustmaster T16000M

FS2020 1.25.9.0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

ok thx for all but its solved (idk how) i just forget that i opened a topic about it!

have a nice flight!

no

Supposed data streaming issues. Internet connection is stable so perhaps is server side. The issue is changing me to OFFLINE mode, even when the connection is immediately restored. I have no option other than OK (1st screenshot). Then I need to go into settings, data, choose streaming again, then wait sometimes minutes to be able to go back to what I was doing (2nd screenshot).
There HAS to be a better way…
Please note, my primary issue is the forced OFFLINE selection.

Unfortunately happens at random. Generally preceded by a connection lost (immediately reconnected) message, and then this message in the screen shot.

Not really relevant

Happened on many versions since tech alpha. Nothing changed. Sometimes months with no issue, sometimes it’s regular.

Read through the following and see if this will help you.

It may also be good to have a look in Windows Event Viewer to see if there are any errors coming up in regards to your internet/network adapter.

Probably should start by resetting windows firewall rules back to default, reboot your PC and when you launch MSFS again it will ask to be allowed through the firewall. Tick both boxes for internet connection type and click ok.

I don’t get these issues flying in EU. I get these very frequently flying in NZ. Everything else is the same (net, interfaces, mods, plane, etc.)

Right, no issues on my side since I did the regedit tweak, then for the last 2 weeks, I’m having the low bandwith message again. They really need to get their act together on Asobo side.

Well the sad thing about all this is that there is no easy way to determine is it you or is it them. If its them there’s nothing you can really do about that. And if its something between you and them theres nothing they can do about that either. Unless of course MS started selling Internet to all its customers that was directly connected to Azure network.

This just cropped up for me repeatedly and then stopped.

It is a weird one, for sure.

I agree . I have highspeed optical fios and never happened until this latest update. So maybe I dont agree… lol systems all u t d and running well.
Finally after 2 years.

Is anybody usi ng the googlemap addon. This caused mine to have very similar problems as a lot of you have.

Never this is a totally different problem…

it cause much more trouble… the low-bandwith warning is the good-worst-case if you have these installed. Recommendation: uninstall the addon and clean the windows hosts file.

I still receive the ‘Connection Problems’ on every flight over approx. FL180, and I have since July 2021 with the release of the Xbox version. I purchased MSFS2020 on day one, and I did not have this problem occur even once until the Xbox version was released.

I kinda gave up that this would be fixed anytime soon, certainly since only a small, unworthy, insignificant number of customers received this issue since last year.

To me, no matter what the issue is with the servers. The MSFS2020 application should just continue to request the data without screwing with the game. I don’t give a flying F*** if a distant tile somewhere is a bit blurry and takes 2 more seconds to load.

Please, for the love of God.

Do Not stop my sim with a WARNING.
Do Not automatically switch my settings.

:frowning:

2 Likes

Same here. This never happened prior to the last update. Now, I get the warning every time and my down-bound bandwidth goes from 229Mbs to about 1Mbs. Two (2) boilerplate responses from MS support just repeating all the “suggestions” to improve bandwidth. Here’s an idea, why don’t you actually fix the problem?

1 Like

same issue here after this latest update.

I also get the lost internet connection, usualy it will reconnect within 1 minute, but it s still pain in the ■■■ to get this huge banner inte middle of your view everytime that happens, which can be 5-6 times during a 2h long flight, can Asobo not make like a small translucent text on the bottom ritgh corner or something? Lucky enough this dose not kill the flight as it did before.

This has to be from their servers since I also fly P3D v5.5 with ASN and Active sky needs an active connection, otherwise you will knowit it will be game over for that flight. I have flown P3D from trhe start and I also used the weather addon and I only lost connection 2 times and those times I really did not have internet connection, while on MSF 2020 it happens random, while im on the same time using discord with a friend and having no issues through the same network card. This PC has a stable 600/100 wired connection.

Can we please at least get a smaller information text about this when it happens, at list now when there is no more CTD when it happens.

2 Likes

Same there. Only issues, issues, issues, issues. Now is getting impossible to fly long routes, it starts giving any kind of error of bandwidth.
Asobo…really…have you evaluated to switch to farming?

1 Like

5JUN22. European servers on PC.

These errors have appeared out of nowhere. Yes, my connection is quick and has been restarted.

These statutes show otherwise green, but MP downloads are blue.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/online-services-monitoring/486800

Edit. Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.9.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.9.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0000000000a3d2ed Faulting process ID: 0x4e44 Faulting application start time: 0x01d878cc143a139e Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe Report ID: 6a2e8b77-80cc-48bd-af69-80ab327085e6 Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Faulting package-relative application ID: App