Low bandwidth Message - Connection Lost - Switched Offline

Perhaps the warning is misleading. Something in the server network is falling behind, can’t keep up with the demand, so it’s assuming that you have a slow connection.

2 Likes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No, it isn’t available on Xbox Serie X version

Brief description of the issue:

Continue to lose connections, so now that I am sick I’ll play the game offline

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I know, my connection is low, because I don’t have fiber, but now I am bored with all this issue error “Connection lost…” and “you had an issue with the stream, so you were switched in offline…” messages appearing every few minute during the MSFS playings. So, I decided to play this SIM offline directly, switching online only in case of htfixes, patches and SIM updates aiming to fix bugs. On day, I will install fiber and try to play online just to see if these boring messages will desturb me again with their appearances.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.25.12.0 WITHOUT WORLD UPDATES 7/8/9 (Australia, Iberia, Italy - Malta), but with all the Premium Deluxe Edition related features and previous world updates (from 1 to 6) already installed.

Question: if I play offline, does it also wipe away the random CTDs issues? I hope that it does!!

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I had the same problem much of yesterday with 6 or 7 consecutive CTDs. I discovered that coincidentally my xBox had started doing its auto update of quite a few titles on my Xbox ( various assassins creed, call of duty etc.). When I let the machine complete all updates, no more CTD’s

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

It seems that if there is other data I/O on the Xbox going on it can’t differentiate, whether due to resources (I have 600 MB Internet service so that’s not it) or other, MSFS hangs up and fails.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Had the disconnection message twice today, followed by the switch to offline mode message, then a CTD :frowning:

My internet is running 70mb today so its not that.

2 Likes

Well, it is presumably a Microsoft server, so you can’t expect speed and reliability. Not sure you can expect speed or reliability, to be honest.
My Unix servers go literally years between reboots. Microsoft server? hours, days, maybe weeks between reboots if you are lucky.

1 Like

yes, the servers are a dream again today.
I especially love that wonderful hint window. It’s great when you’re completing an obstacle course 50 feet off the ground and no input device works.

But everything is fine. As soon as you crash on a tree, the connection works again.

1 Like

Anybody getting this “Connection Lost” popup message and then almost 5 seconds later “Connection is restored”.

Man it’s really annoying.

What’s going on?

I’ve checked my network and everything is working fine

I only get that just after launching the game and only once. One of these days I’m going to have some fun with Wireshark to help figure out what’s going on in the Microsoft network.

Been happening to me all evening, on and off… I’ve seen people streaming on Twitch with the same issue…

Almost everyday since last week. Multiple times…

1 Like

It happened to me several times earlier in the day. Seems to be OK now.

I guess this thread is my confirmation that I’m in the same boat as many here. Playing on Xbox Series X and for the past few weeks I have had the full low bandwidth disconnection issue, but lately it’s simply blurry textures that are slow to clear up even on a perfectly fast and tested connection. My only work around at this point is to pause the sim and let the scenery “catch up” (takes about 15 - 20 seconds) and then fly some more until blurry textures appear again and I repeat this process. Very annoying way to complete a flight to say the least. Unsure whether this is simply a server issue on Microsoft’s side or it’s my connection to their data centre.

Had the same issue for five days now. I just end up shutting the sim down and turning off my computer and walking away.
At times I have not even been able to load a flight from the “FLY NOW” button.

This generally happens when Asobo are doing something with the sim which is very annoying.
Anyway, I am sure it will be rectified sooner or later and I hope it is sooner.

I’m on a top end rig w/a very fast wired connection. It isn’t just Xbox. It’s a server issue.

3 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation your side. Would be nice to get some info from Asobo directly as well. I had an odd theory as well: What if all those Darkstars blasting across the continent are just hammering the scenery servers to try to keep pace making a low and slow GA flyer suffer the blurry consequences? :joy:

2 Likes

We understand the problem, but cannot reproduce it

:joy:

2 Likes

Very annoying when it happens.
I found that it only happens with me when a new patch is out or when Maverick was released.
Which tells me when a lot of people are on the Microsoft network it will happen.
So can Microsoft adjust their bandwidth for only 2-3 days a month? I doubt it.

2 Likes

Here we go again. It just started for me on my flight from KSFO to CYYX in the FENIX. It took 3 hours to get it, but I just got the pop up a minute or two ago. Hope this doesn’t brick my flight…

It started yesterday for me, but got back to online in a min or so, today the same “issue”.