Low bandwidth Message - Connection Lost - Switched Offline

Game now working as normal, I can only assume it was the servers!,

This is the Microsoft server pings from Australia. Now one would think the Asia server would have a ping of 3 or less seeing it’s regional. Can someone explain why the servers are always loosing connection in flight and the server pings are enormous. The pings were never this high in Australia before. Still getting constant server disconnections on every flight.

because ping tell not much about server load, package lost, what you ISP do, etc

1 Like

Exactly. An ICMP Echo Request/Reply packet is tiny, and that packet will be likely answered by a perimeter firewall or loadbalancer, and not necessarily the servers that deliver data to the sim. Even if they did, that packet just confirms there is at least some level of end to end connectivity, and reports nothing about the quality of service from that host.

1 Like

That why I keep telling people to snag ping plotter, then grab the ip list that your connecting to from taskmanager/performance/resource monitor, and use those address to see what your ping is to each location, might be just one, might be all of them. Im just to the point to really not give a c any more.

I see were up to #6 for that other sim, we gotta be getting close PLEASE

I have to report the low bandwith/no connectivity problem has returned, can anyone signpost to a solution that works? thanks

Better ask Microsoft. They are in response for their server architecture.

Nothing we end users can do, just hope this issues get fixed one day.

I was lucky, and didn’t get this at all yesterday. I flew for 6 hours or so, and no glitches.

Encountered this again today and wouldn’t stop showing the pop up and can confidently say it wasn’t my internet. This isn’t right and I’m hoping the issue gets fixed in the next sim update.

1 Like

I had the same problem for several weeks. I’ve tried all the help, but to no avail. The only thing that helped was reinstalling windows.

I have it pretty much all the time these days after not having any issues for about 3 weeks. It usually start to trigger about 10mn into the flight then it’s a roller coaster of connect/disconnect.
Why is this topic marked as solved? It’s not!!!

You can try the following in CMD as administrator
It seems that it works for me at the moment

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

netsh winsock reset

ipconfig /flushdns

exit

Don’t bother with that. The issue is not client side.

1 Like

You have that problem
?
Sometimes I wonder why people are so negative.
What I don’t know is how the world doesn’t stop

Not everyone has that problem.
And my intention is to help.
Then there is the decision of each one if he wants or not to do what is offered to him with help.
Hitting the router sure won’t fix it either

If you try then restart your PC for the changes to take effect

Yes, and it’s not my end I can assure you.

No amount of fumbling around in the OS will resolve this. Resetting the network stack won’t fix this, it’s snake oil. I’m just trying to stop others from wasting their time with this.

If you would care to explain how it will fix a bandwidth issue, I’m all ears.

2 Likes

Okay
We can also try
in the windows search engine we put gpedit
double click equipment configuration
Administrative templates double click
double click network
Double Click QoS Packet Scheduler
Limit bandwidth reservable double click
We give it to enabled and where it says 80% we change it to 0% and apply and accept

Again, this isn’t going to help you. The bandwidth issue is not referring to your end of the connection. I have a 660MBit connection, and have seen it a few times. Even people with Gigabit connections have had it.

You can’t fix it yourself, their servers are likely overloaded, or a downstream router is. You can continue to beat your head against a wall if you like, but it won’t make any difference.

Think about it. This sim was publicly available in August 2020, and there were no reports of this until about a year later. You think everyone’s PC’s all of a suddenly had a local problem? Or is it simply the gradual influx of users, like the XBox version coming on line, and MS not commissioning new servers to cope with the increased load?

5 Likes

we had one case where the users dns caused issues und switching to different dns was helpfull. So there is a tiny chance that “ipconfig /flushdns” had an effect ( also with same dns ). But in generally I’am with you. I would have no idea why reseting network stack would change somewhat. May be one exception: if there was already an misconfiguration with the network ( the command re-installs the protocolls ).

Speaking of DNS
Can advise DNS
right now i have
I don’t know if they are the correct ones and more suitable for MSFS 2020

these are the google ones
 there exist others too, each with advantages and disadvantages. I use a Pi-Hole and set mostly cloudflare as first one, but google too.

2 Likes