Low bandwidth Message - Connection Lost - Switched Offline

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Mine is on the Steam version

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Since the last update in steam which was a few KB I am running into this problem every time I start MSFS. Any ideas?

I run Xbox version and have had the same issue for a week now so sim is unplayable, so frustrating!

I am now getting intermittent connection lost warnings even though my internet connection is fine! There must be a major meltdown with the game servers!

Also STOP doing this, without pausing the sim!

Everything is unresponsive until you click an option, but the sim continues without controls.

And this is still an issue on Beta SU10

Almost immediately:

(Ignore the frame rate numbers - that’s a different sim issue… :man_facepalming: )

2 Likes

Sorry you are wrong I never used google stuff and have the same issue…

you are 100% correct…

IT IS ENOUGH DON’T YOU KNOW?

I never used google

ähmm ??

we spoke about google DNS and that switching DNS ( a different than that from your provider ) may seemingly helped some users…

running into this again… Had no issues forever, then starting the last couple of days, its been a nightmare. Was running Google maps, then that started failing in a major way, so have removed that again. And all host file, page files, and all the other files that could cause an issue short of reinstalling everything. Now running on Bing, get the loss of network intermittently.

As a note, I am running Gigabit D/L speed, CAT6 connected to my router with an average 1065MB download speed, 350 upload, and <25ms ping. Its not a local issue, it is most likely a Microsoft server issue… :frowning:

Ive gotten the message 3 times in the last two days, though if I tell it to continue with PG on, it will and with no adverse reactions on the sim *su10beta. Two more weeks and we’ll be able to see what the other sim will bring.

1 Like

I haven’t used MSFS for a few weeks but the last couple of times that I’ve tried to use MSFS I get this message every flight. Sometimes the sim crashes after the message too. Most of the time it continues but this has become very annoying, especially since I’ve paid for a lot of payware addons!

I am now also looking forward to what the other simulator that is going to be released soon and what it has to offer. I know the world scenery wont look as nice as MSFS but I’m sure it will run better!

Don’t get me wrong, I love MSFS but this lost connection issue is just far to annoying!

1 Like

Yesterday was a good day this morning @ 600am estern all the sim would do is 11 fps no matter what I did, I tried 4 diff times secure dns on / off even tried hooking up the vpn and restarting the router and modem to see and the same thing. I did turn off PG during one of the attempts, and it managed to jump to 14 for awhile. Have to try again later to see how bad / good it is.

I got 2 warnings about bandwidth and will try to reconnect, and 1 that it wouldnt even try to reconnect it just turned off bing and PG.

Consistency in a sim … unfortunately consistently bad.

1 Like

I recently disconnected as long as I flew together, and probably reconnected after cruising for a while, but this time is not fixed and I haven’t studied it.

I have returned back to my internet providers default DNS (auto) and since then i am not getting any low bandwidth warnings or connection lost messages. :slight_smile:

I’m having a similar issue since Tues. July 19. I’m running the program on Steam and PC Win 10. Everything was fine, even after the latest update. Then all of a sudden, when I launch the program, there is no sound. At first I thought it was my headset, but checked and its working fine. I can manage to get to the FLY screen, choose my plane and airports. When I press fly, II get the message: " Your connection had an issue while streaming data, you have been switched to offline mode". Then it just hangs there with the dreaded blue circle. When I go to Task Manager, says MSFS not responding. I’m running high-speed fiber optics with 600GB download speed, so its not my internet connection. I’ve done absolutely everything short of a full reinstall as suggested on Microsoft’s knowledge base and bug fix sections, but nothing seems to work. Is anyone else experiencing this exact issue? Any suggestions? Frustrating to say the least.

What other sim are you referring to coming out in 2 weeks?

The problem here is that I’m reading all the posts and there’s tons of users experiencing the same or similar issue, for the longest time, yet there doesn’t seem to be any solutions from MSFS or Asobo. What’s up with that?

3 Likes

Just had a short flight today from London City to Farnborough (I was at the airshow today so keen to land there). The sim was pinging backwards and forwards from connection lost to reconnection successful so much so that the sim was jerking badly for almost the whole flight - While it was doing this I checked the connection with OOKLA and the connection was strong (uninterrupted 190 MB/s). I am going to put in another ticket on this subject but it’s clear this is an Azure problem or a misconfiguration issue in MSFS itself given as so many people are experienciug this. It’s making the sim un-flyable!!

Blockquote

3 Likes

Yes!!! This did it for me too. Thanks.

I raised a support ticket again today and the response was that they weren’t aware of this issue but are now reporting it as a bug. I did mention to them that this specific issue had over 600 comments on the forum!

5 Likes