Low bandwidth Message - Connection Lost - Switched Offline

Nothing with my hardware has changed though, and my machine is freshly cleaned for any dust. The only thing that changed with anything with this product in the past week since it stopped working is Sim Update 6. It worked just fine the day before Sim Update 6. I don’t see how my machine would suddenly be causing this…

Also did a completely fresh install of everything and it still is freezing when loading any flight. Trying moving all the content folder with Official/Community to a different drive to see if that works.

Will try this

Okay, CTDs are fixed; deleting \AppData\Local\FlightSimulator folder fixed all that. Still issues with the bandwidth though.

I think I may have found out what’s happening, but not why its happening or how to fix it. I’ve been keeping an eye on the Resource Monitor network connections the sim is establishing when its trying to grab the Bing data on the world map screen and have been pinging all of them with the command prompt. It usually shows an IP ending with deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com whihc seems to be the local server, as the IP trace takes it to an area nearby me. Some of the other IPs that have heavy network use are at Microsoft; they use a lot of data for a few seconds and then drop off completely. When I ping these IPs, they time out. It seems for whatever reason, my sim can’t connect to Microsoft’s IPs but is making it through the other steps to get there.

I’m not much of a networking guy (software engineer so this is a bit of a different domain for me), so I’m not sure how to rectifiy this now. Tried restting my PC’s networking adaptors but that didn’t seem to work. Any thoughts?

What you describe is natural. Some server’s wont acknowledge and just show blank info as they return, you should run traceroute to the server you have deemed to be the local one, and see what you get. You’ll still get the blank servers in the route more then likely nothing to be alarmed about.

Interesting will take a look

Tracert on the local server has no issues or anything.

Still not working as of today. I’m running out of things to try. This stupid issue has consumed every minute of my free time since it started happening two weeks ago. MS finally acknowledged my support ticket but just asked if I was still having the issue and havent responded yet…

I just want to use the product I paid $120 for properly.

I thought I would try checking Bing Maps to see if the photogrametry was working, and sure enough, it isn’t. When I do “see in 3D” on a photogrametry city, it is always flat. This happens both in the Win10 maps app as well as the Bing browser version. On my windows laptop it works just fine though. Maybe its something to do with the latest Windows Update? My laptop doesn’t have it. Going to see if rolling that back works.

Edit: Rollback fixed Bing data in the Maps app…but not in the simulator. I dont know, this all but confirms its something wrong with the sim; I’m literally using the same exact photo data in the Maps app right now with no issue.

Edit 2: It is now fixed all of a sudden? Not sure what happened at all…

It’s happening again

Its happening with me too.

Oh good I thought it was just me. Keeps disconnecting me telling me insufficient bandwidth blah blah blah

For whatever reason it started to work normal again after switching off PG, let it load and switch PG back on. Maybe just a coincidence, maybe not…

Yeah I got exactly the same thing, turned it off and then reloaded it and it was good, but I dont know the PG really looked more like bing maps then PG …still kind of laggy for me at the moment too.

Its laggy here too with occational drops of the Azure T2S service.

See this is my when it always works time ROFL, loaded my benchmark AM flight, and flew a seamless run. The only thing I have to say is that when I start the roll down the runway, Im at like 10 fps, and I launch and climb, it creeps up to 12-14, as I make the turn to the east 14-16 and as I pass cleveland, it will get to 20-24.

Didnt used to do this until the last after su bugfix. Another week and we’ll see what other surprises they have instore for us Bwhaha!

1 Like

I’m in the same boat, no internet connection blah blah blah… Did you manage to resolve it all ?

Same here. Started yesterday.

1 Like

I ‘upped’ my bandwidth with my ISP to see if it would resolve it, but no… Th errors still show, though at least now I get ATC and other air traffic, but it still drops in and out… Just hope that the next update resolves it all…

I’m having the same problem after the update… I was thinking it might be my Internet/ISP problem, but it was really helpful to see that more people are having the same problem and that FantasticMKDC has ‘upped’ the bandwidth and the problem still persists.

I tried several things and I couldn’t fix the problem, but I managed to delay it: when I was playing with x16 aniosotropic and 8x8 oversampling, taxiing to the runway could cause that annoying low-bandwidth message… But when I lowered the graphics, I managed to fly something like 70NM from the airport before that happens…

So I think there is something wrong with the sim, but for now, while we wait for a fix, maybe lowering the graphics might help reduce or resolve the issue.