Low bandwidth Message - Connection Lost - Switched Offline

It could be, could be you isp throttling the connection during the busy time, it could be the servers are having an issue, all week Ive been sporting 20-24 fps steady, on two different installs, today I cant get any better then 14. And while it still appears ‘smooth’ it also appears ‘slow’. I dont know. Im just counting the time till 12 is released with hopes that I can get a constant flight experience with that.

This is getting really old really fast. Ive made it a point not to change a single thing with the sim on either install as of late, so its not something Ive done on my end this time, and my net connection test to all the usual suspects come back the same as they did when I was getting the higher frame rates.

Now tomorrow all things being what they have been, I expect my frame rates to be fine again as they always seem to be the best around ‘football’ time on Sundays…

Getting this a lot today.

I was not using the mod nor had a modified hosts file (except my own modifications for web-development) and it still gave me the errors described.

Since 6 days now without any issues. The only option which got changed was the above mentioned:

1 Like

For anyone that has downloaded the Google maps mod and is having issues, try doing this:

1. Use the windows search bar and search Notepad. Right click on it and run as Administrator.

2. In Notepad, go File, Open and then navigate to Windows (C:), Windows, System32, drivers, etc
    and open the host file.

3. Get rid of:
    127.0.0.1 kh.ssl.ak.tiles.virtualearth.net
    127.0.0.1 khstorelive.azureedge.net

4. Save and exit

11 Likes

Were those lines added by that mod?

I believe so, yes

Xbox here…

Started getting this message after last major update. SIM was absolutely not showing this previous to the update.

This sim right now is the worst ive seen it since Alpha test due to the server issues… My internet is stable and continuously over 100Mbps… its bloody awful tbh.

1 Like

Hi,

I had the issue that i can see in dense areas how the Buildings and the photogrammetry are loading.
The issue can you see in the Video below.

My Bandwith is with 60down and 15Mbp/s fast enough i think. And my Pc is also with a 5800x and 6800xt.

Do you think also this issue is at the server side?

regards legendsy :slight_smile:

Recently I have frequently got the message that my internet bandwidth isn’t enough and hence the sim is switching to offline modus. But my bandwidth is fine. I very rarely got this message since the start of MSFS 2020.

yes

charscharschars

Same here. Since a few days ago.

Also having this issue. Cant connect to servers

Screenshot of the scenery if i try to connect to online, then it drops me straight back to offline mode

I just started cgetting the same issue. Tested my connection and I’m getting 380 meg downoad speed. The only thing I did differently was turn on Dev mode briefly to change aircraft on the fly. I turned it off again after I started getting issues but still have the same problem.

Me too. Another bloody bug

I’m getting the low bandwidth message every flight, despite having a good internet connection. I am so sick of MSFS’s problems that I am seriously considering binning it and going to DCS, cos that works like it’s supposed to. It’s infuriating that it’s telling me it’s “my” bandwidth that’s low, when I know my bandwidth is sufficient and it’s not my end that is the problem.

Have Microsoft/Asobo even acknowledged that they need to fix this?

2 Likes

@Fsxlover2, What’s the file name? Thanks.

Hi @SirChief1907,
The file name is HOSTS with no extension.